11

Callie rolled out of bed that morning. Her hair was a mess and her pyjamas were wrinkled. She made her way downstairs and without glancing at the dining room table she entered the kitchen.

"Morning Emily," she said tiredly.

"There's a guest here for you," Emily told her.

Callie felt a presence of someone standing behind her. She admittedly froze.

"Emmett?" she asked.

"Yes?" he said from behind her.

"I'm going to go to my room and change, give me a second," she stated and quickly ran to her room before he could see her. She could hear him laughing.

She raced around her room, trying to brush her hair and get changed at the same time. She heard a knock at her open door.

"Nice room," he told her as he walked in slowly.

She looked over at him as she sat at her vanity table. She was brushing her hair.

"Thanks," she said quickly. He came up behind her and took the brush out of her hands. He began to brush her hair for her.

"I have to show you something," he told her. "But it needs to be done in the sunlight where nobody can see us."

She was confused. "Ok?"

He chuckled. He placed the brush down and grabbed her hand. "We can race each other there."

They went outside. She shifted into her wolf and raced him up the mountain to a meadow.

It was full of flowers and light. Emmett stayed in the dark forest. She shifted and changed into a sports bra and shorts.

"This is beautiful," she gasped.

"Callie, I need you to know that I am a monster. This makes all vampires look pretty but really we are sinned bodies," he told her as he took off his shirt and stepped out into the sunlight.

He was sparkling. Without meaning to sound rude, Callie began to laugh.

"You sparkle?" she laughed out. "The pack is going to love this! You really think I'm scared of you? Not even. It'd be cooler if you burned or something but sparkled, really?"

He couldn't help but chuckle. "I was scared you'd be scared but I should've just trusted my instincts that you wouldn't be."

Callie laid down on the grass and patted the spot next to her. He slowly made his sparkling way over and laid down next to her. They laid there silently. Sometime in the mix of things, he had reached out and they held hands. It was cheesy but maybe a wolf and vampire relationship could work... just maybe.