9

Callie couldn't sleep that night. She laid wide awake, thinking about all that had happened since she got back. Leah was fast asleep next to her, snoring like there was no tomorrow.

Callie couldn't sleep because of that too. She exhaled loudly and left the bed. She paused back and forth before going downstairs.

She switched on the light in the kitchen and got a glass of water from the kitchen. She took a few sips before letting out a sigh of relief as the water went down her throat.

"Boo!" a manly voice shouted from beside her. She screamed in freight, dropping the glass. In a flash, Emmett reached out and caught it, not even spilling a drop of water.

"Woah watch it, Callie. You're lucky I was here," Emmett said cockily as he sat the glass on the counter.

Callie rolled her eyes. "How was the football game?"

"Could've been better," he states smirking, "if you were with me."

She rolled her eyes again. "What do you want, Emmett?"

"Nothing," he told her as he shrugged his shoulders. "Seems like you can't sleep, I could hear you tossing and turning from down here."

He seemed genuinely worried. It made her smile softly at him without even realizing it herself.

"I got a lot on my mind," she told him.

"Come with me," he said, lightly grabbed her hand, barley holding her fingers as he led her into the garage.

"Is that your jeep?" Callie asked with wide eyes. "It's a beauty!"

"Thank you, hop in, you're driving," he told her as she touched the drivers door, running her fingers over the paint. He opened the door and grabbed her by her waist, helping her up into the Jeep.

He quickly got into the passenger side, handing her the keys. "No way!" she said as she started the engine and drove out of the garage.

"Go wherever you want," he told her. Her smile grew big as she hit the gas, driving down the path and down the ghost highway. He put on the music, loud and blasting.

"Sit down," she told him laughing as he stood up, holding onto the bar as the wind couldn't even knock him over. The wind went through her hair as she shouted with excitement.

 The wind went through her hair as she shouted with excitement

Emmett sat back down. "Let me drive," he told her as she parked, they switched places as he cruised down the highway. She cuddled up onto the seat and stared at the view.

"Thank you, Emmett," she told him as her eyes got droopy and she began to fall asleep.

...

Emmett brought her back to his house once she had fallen asleep. He kissed her head before carrying her out of the vehicle. He entered the house and went into his room. He laid her on his bed that he had recently assembled the night before.

He smiled at her wolf pyjamas, finding that they looked cute on her. He brushed her hair out of her face as he put the covers over her body. He couldn't get rid of the grin on his face as he went downstairs into the living room, and watched more football. He knew he'd have to explain to Alice and Rosalie, and the rest of the family on how the progress is going on getting Callie to give him a chance. So far, it was working...