Chapter 39

Both boys sat in the living room, glaring at each other. They were across from each other, alone as their parents talked.

"So you're...my cousin," Roxas started, and rolled his eyes. "What a great surprise."

"I guess so, I never knew I had cousins," Sora mumbled, looking away.

"Stop that, it's disgusting!" Roxas suddenly yelled, making Sora jump and look at him wide eyed.

"D-disgusting?"

"Yeah, you acting all shy," Roxas answered, scrunching his nose up. "It doesn't fit you, at least the Sora I remember."

"What do you remember then? May I remind you that two years have passed since you last saw me," Sora said, slouching back and glaring even more, if that was possible.

"A jerk. A selfish and stuck up prick."

"You-"

"But also a sweet and innocent kid."

"Um..."

Sora was surprised to hear that, especially from Roxas. Looking over him, it seemed that only his apperance changed. His attitude and personality was still the same. His hair was still as spiky as ever, but it had a faded light brown color at the ends, as if he had dyed it once. On his ears, he had one piercing on one ear and a cartilage on the other one.

Sora flinched when he saw it. He always thought that had to hurt. Roxas noticed, and reached up to touch it.

"What? My earrings?" Roxas shrugged. "I got it as a dare from one of my friends. Well, only the cartilage one. The other one I got it because I wanted it."

"Did it hurt?" Sora asked, really curious now.

Roxas shook it head. "Not much, but it depends on how much of a whiny person you are."

"Still the same as ever, I see." Sora sighed, and subconsciously started playing with his ring.

Roxas noticed, and looked away sadly. Sora wanted to ask, but was afraid of the answer. The expression Roxas had on his face told him something was not right.

"I noticed your eyes got darker," Roxas commented, bringing Sora back from his thoughts.

"Oh yeah," Sora said, as if he just remembered. "It's weird. The words on the ring also got darker along with my eye color. It could be just a coincidence."

"That ring doesn't seem like a normal one," Roxas told him, and took out his phone. "Might not be a coincidence at all."

Sora frowned, and glaced at the closed door behind Roxas. He couldn't hear anything but really low voices.

"Hello?" Roxas' voice turned Sora's attention to him. "Asshole, don't answer me like that. Get your butt over here. You won't believe what happened and who's here. Bring the other two as well."

Roxas was silent for a bit, then laughed loudly. Sora looked at him with confusion, but found Roxas' laughter a bit contagious.

"You idiots. He's going to kill you both," Roxas said after his laughter died down. "Just make sure you don't let him see himself. Bringing him like that will be hilarious."

Sora noticed how much of a childish teen he was. He was sure that they played a prank on someone, and they were going to bring him like that. He felt bad for the guy already, without even seeing him. Though was he was curious about the whole thing, including what prank they did.

"Got a little surprise for you," Roxas told him without looking up, and snickered. "He looks weird right now, but Axel and Kei did that without him knowing."