Chapter 3 - Bloody Turn Of Events

You started this job with Lector, Sting, Rogue, and Frosch, and it may just end with you alone if the boys didn't get their heads out of their asses and help you search for perverted trolls.

You were in the back of the group, biting your lip and then grinding your teeth when you started tasting metal. You just couldn't ignore the fact that the boys were warming up to her so fast — when you joined Sabertooth, it took at least a month for everyone to warm up to you like that.

It wouldn't have bothered you so much if she hadn't been offered to be carried seven times! You've only been out there for a few hours. Not even three.

You thought useless things.

Likke your weight being the possible reason they didn't ask you if you wanted to be carried, but her breasts were half your overall body fat.

Even though it hadn't been too long, time went on and you felt the pain from your wound stinging with every step. Getting angry might've made things worse. When you're mad, your abdominal area tightens and that didn't exactly support your wound. 

You ground your teeth harder and tried to fight through the pain, scared that everyone might leave you behind because you were too weak to continue.

As luck usually had it, the sky grew dark and the clouds began to drizzle and rain. Walking in this weather, with that wound, made each second a living Hell. You could barely see anyone in front of you. The dense forest collected fog and the rain was beating down harder. It was a pain in the ass to even keep your eyes open.

You decide to jog a little to catch up, finding the swift motion of Rogue putting his cape over Hana's shoulders. The cape no one but him ever wears... the cape he so easily put on a strangers shoulders.

You're heart almost broke into a million little pieces. It killed you to watch him so close to someone else. Especially someone he just met that reminded you of some goddess.

She held tight to the cloak and smiled up at him with bright eyes. She pointed to what looked like a giant black spot and shouted something you couldn't hear over the rain, but you knew Sting and Rogue heard with their magic dragon ears. Everyone followed her, so you did too.

"I'm so happy you came along with us." You heard Sting say when you entered the cave after them. "I don't think we ever would have spotted this place."

"It's not that hard to spot a damn cave..." You muttered under your breath. Then again, you thought the cave was a black spot so...

"Are you cold, Hana?" Lector asks the only person with a fracking cape.

She smiles and pets his head. Lector always was a sucker for the pretty ones. "Just a little, but I'm fine." She turns to Rogue. "Thank you. If it wasn't for your cape, I think I would have frozen to death."

If only.

"You're welcome." He answers with his same plain blank face as always.

Rogue

I'm sorry (Y/N). You're probably freezing cold and here I am giving my cape to some girl. I would have given you all my warmth, but Sting was glaring daggers at me. If I were to let one of our client's freeze, I would've gotten Hell from the master and so would everyone else.

Reader

The pain was getting worse with every raindrop.

You sat like that for the longest time, just applying pressure to your cut with your arms wrapped around you. You could feel the blood starting to seep through your shirt and down your arm. It must've opened. 

Your head started throbbing and your face felt hot. A fever was inevitable with all the flipping rain. You started to shake and your vision was getting spotty. If you black out, that might be it. You needed to finish this job already and get some new bandages on your cut.

To make things worse, Hana had the brightest idea she probably ever will in her lifetime. "I think when the rain dies down we should all split up to find the trolls, then we can send a signal in the sky with magic when we find them." In your mind, there were so many things wrong with that idea, but in the boys' heads, they thought it was the best idea in the world.

You were probably just delusional from the blood loss.

You wanted to show that you were stronger than her. You were the one with a Sabertooth emblem on your body, not her. And with that, you stood up the best you could and smirk like Sting usually does. "I don't need to wait for the rain to die down, I can find those trolls myself."

You turn to charge into the rain but Rogue shouts, "(Y/N), where are you going?"

You stop and turn slightly to say, "I can do this alone."

You run out into the rain, leaving everyone behind in the safe cave.

In the distance, you hear everyone shouting for you but you ignored it. You were going to prove to them that you were strong enough. You didn't want Rogue of all people to see you weak and defenseless.

You didn't need his cape, and you didn't need to be a big-busted girl named Hana, because you were the strong-willed (Y/N) (L/N).

~~~

It was a bad idea. A very very bad idea. 

You tiptoed on the side of a steep mountain path, the tiniest trail looked like it looped around the mountain and you thought it might just lead you to some trolls. You stretched your arm far out to grab a branch, stepping on your toes to reach far enough. The mud slid under your feet. You struggled to stay in place, but you had a good feeling that the trolls may have been here.

You close one of your eyes, praying it would keep some of the rain out and help you see better. You constantly rubbed your face to get the water off and you couldn't stop shaking. The stretching for the branch made you feel like you were just slicing yourself in half.

This was a terrible idea.

You finally get a good place to grab and lift yourself up. You continue walking along the dark path, putting your hands on the wet trees for support. You could barely feel your fingers.

You walked like that for a while, hoping you were on the right path heading somewhere — the village, the trolls, anything was better than going in circles. 

You tread on, but like a flash of lightning, your foot suddenly slips and you feel your ankle snap. You try to grab a branch but each hold slips, sending you straight to the ground, down the steep hill you just overcame.

All you can do is wait for your fall down to stop. You hit rocks, branches, and the slick mud only makes you fall faster.

You tumbled down until you fall off a small cliff, slamming down hard on the ground at the bottom. The wind was knocked out of you. You couldn't move, you couldn't see, you could barely even breath. All you could do is lie there and wait for something to happen.

If you just rested a bit, maybe you'd gain the energy you needed to keep going.

Before you dozed into a world of black, you saw three giant figures walking towards you — stomping towards you. You felt the vibrations of their feet in the ground. Your eyes widen in realization and a sudden bolt of energy shot through you. You rolled onto your stomach and tried to crawl away.

They were right in behind you. You could feel the lust for blood emanating from them. It didn't terrify you, but you knew what was going to come from this. 

These damn trolls were going to kill you.