Chapter 40 - A Letter From Fairy Tail

"Hikari! I told you to stop running!"

Chasing your daughter down was one thing, but having your son watch and clap at the nonsense was something else. Rogue and Frosch were at the guild early, so they werr no help from there. And your daughter was... well she was a lot of things right now.

She wouldn't put on a shirt so now she made a game out of it. It was your win if you could put her shirt on, her win if you gave in and let her go in public half naked.

You did manage to win but ended up compromising with a shirt she didn't mind wearing. That meant a shirt with no pants on. Silly girl was more than okay with no pants. You just prayed to god she wouldn't be like this towards her clothes in the future. Boys around her would really get a kick out of that. Meaning her dad would probably kick the life out of them.

Kage was always willing to listen to you. He put on his clothes no problem and looked cute in every single outfit. He even tried wearing his papa's old cape but struggled crawling around in it.

Hikari also did the very dangerous thing and tried to play with his katana. You asked his why he had it to begin with because he never used it in battle, but he always changed the question, so you never really did find out why Rogue carried a katana, you just admired the blade at his hip.

Hikari used it to hit Kage and now he has a scar on his forehead. That reminded you of the scar Rogue had managed to get across his nose. You kissed both scars with love, hoping that both boys knew how much you loved them.

Hikari had managed to create scars herself. Constantly scrapping her knees and such. She always needed her papa to kiss her scars. You kept her spirits up with tickle fights and bedtimes stories about dragons. Kage always loved listening in on those with Frosch. Papa Rogue would lean on the door frame and listen in too.

The moments like those are what make you forget moments like these. The ones where your daughter is practically bouncing off the walls while you just got over being sick. Rogue's work was piling up the more Sting dropped it on him. You swore you'd get your hands on Sting's throat if he made Rogue stay there doing paper work. You could be sleeping peacefully with that time if Rogue watched your beautiful rowdy children.

"Okay girly girl, you wanna go see Papa, Frosch, and Uncle Sting?"

"Yeah!" She thrusted her fists in the air and ran right for the front door.

Just in time you grabbed her and picked her up to sit her at the dinner table. "Not yet silly! Mama had to do your hair first." She pouts but sits quietly while you tie up her hair. It was still a lighter version of your hair and it grew twice as fast. Kage was still a mini version of Rogue but acted like the emo version of his daddy rather than the lovable dork.

Kage was really only a lovable dork towards you. He was always mad at Hikari but adored Frosch. Right now he was eating mashed vegetables while watching you finish off Hikari's hair. He glared from time to time at Hikari because of the funny faces she was making at him. You just shook your head and laughed.

"Finished! Now let's head out for the guild."

"Yay! Sabertooth!" Hikari jumped off the chair and raced towards the door.

You grabbed little Kage and wrapped him in a baby bundle on your back. He napped a lot on the way to the guild and this was the best way to do it. You held Hikari's hand and she led the way to the guild.

"Hey Mama." Her cute voice had you focus on her rose red eyes.

You smile to her. "What's up sweetie?" You ask.

She hops to keep her pace with you and looks forward in deep thought. "Can I learn magic?"

"Learn magic?" The question was so cute and naive. You hoped she would always be like this.