Capitolo Quarantadue

*

*

It actually did take less than 2 minutes before I went back inside. I found Drew, still standing from where I left him and he was just staring at me. I avoided eye contact as I walked passed him until I sat on the bench. He followed suit and silence engulfed us for quite some time.

"So...princess huh?" he awkwardly laughed as he started the conversation. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed, "What about you then, Your Highness?"

He suddenly turned to faced me which shocked me a little bit so I still avoid eye contact, "Look, I know we have a lot to talk about and this is so confusing and shocking to the both of us but let's deal with this like adults, okay?"

 I nodded, still not making an eye contact with him and I heard him sighed. "I think I should start explaining myself to you". I never said anything so he sighed yet again, "I was 13 when my parents told me about having a fiance. Of course as the second son and at that age, I did not expect that to happen at all. I was a stubborn child so I rebelled for a few months until I actually made a deal with my parents. I told them to give me freedom until I'm 20 and I'll accept my duties wholeheartedly."

"My parents agreed so at that same year, they decided to hide me in another country with Takeru, my cousin. I was living my life in freedom until I met you in University. When I came back to my kingdom on our senior year holidays, I explained the situation and of course, I couldn't win because of what I promised. They also decided to let me graduate sooner so I had to end things with you."

I saw on my peripheral vision how he ruffled his hair out of annoyance, "I had a hard time afterwards so I busied myself with work and enrolled myself to a flying school. They never really brought up the word fiance until last year when my father told me that I had to meet her on my vacation. I don't have any choice but to agree. However, he also told me that they are not forcing me to get married to my fiance anymore but I just had to meet her and be with her for whole 3 months and I can back out whenever I wanted to".

"Obviously I was happy, so happy that I started to plan"

I raised an eyebrow and unconsciously faced him, "Plan for what?". He looked at me in the eye and smirked, "Plan for my fiance to reject me immediately"

"You're so wicked" I murmured 

He just chuckled, "Well, my goal was to do anything so I can go back to Lia so forgive me"

My heart skipped a beat, shut up heart

"Anyways, me not showing up in the morning was also part of the plan and this night meeting was also part of the plan. I thought, who in the right mind will show up at 10 in the evening? My father also noticed how my mood changed so he asked me if I wanted to know my fiance's name, a picture or even search her on the internet but I said it's not necessary because I was so sure that she will reject me" he continued