Lancer - Diarmuid Ua Duibhne

"Until the very end." I look up at his face.
"That's what we promised Master." Lancer smiles, his eyes filled with admiration.
"We stay beside each other, we stay together..."
"until the very end." —

——————
I was always alone growing up. I got enough attention from my parents to survive, but other than that I was left to myself.

Sectoral Heterochromia 
A discolouration in one of my irises. It stands out very much against the rest of the colour of my eyes, and for some reason, because of this one small difference, others didn't like to be around.

My life... there are many things I could explain, but in short, trying to make friends by being kind to others didn't work. I then thought, that would help if I trapped all my feelings where others couldn't get to them. If I showed them couldn't hurt me with their words... It only made things worse, but by then I thought that being on my own was all I would ever know.
I also became to be seen as soulless.

The Moon Holy Grail War...
In the ladder with my servant Lancer the Heroic Spirit Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, also known as Diarmuid of the Love Spot. We stand in silence as we have the last two ladders. We head to the third stratum. I remember the fading lights the fallen Masters and Spirits are doomed to once defeated.

The dignity they carried, as the died along with their beautiful dream that they had the strength to share, as their hope to fulfil their wish died with me.
I was envious the girl. In detail of her she was quite a lot like me, but the main difference anyone could see by watching us for two minutes was she was lively, she had a beautiful connection to her Berserker.

He was completely manageable if it were her commanding him. Berserker deeply cared for his master and her victory. Though defeated, all the way to the last fading, flickering light, Berserker proved to be a servant that was worthy of great respect.

She smiled at the end, at me. I sat with her, I didn't smile back though. I never have, but this seems to be another time that I regret not smiling, again. She told me.
"I can tell your Lancer really wants to fulfil your wish, from this battle I was able to feel that he cares for you very much." Her last smile, was gentle but bright, and full of kindness...

"Lancer?"
"Yes Master?"
"Could... could you have a wish for the Grail grant?"
"No, I'm here to assist you in getting your wish granted."
He has such a clam and kind look on his face as he tells me this.

"Lancer I don't have a wish for the Grail to grant me."
"What? The souls that gather to the moon have a wish in their hearts."

We've defeated more than two masters for the two stratums we've risen above and our victory streak can be proven by the fact we still exist.
Every one of then shared with me their dreams, their reason they wish to rise above each stratum.

"What right do I have?
To come a servant.
To have them fight to kill.
To kill the dreams of others.
With no reason.
No objective.
No wish or dream of my own.
Why should we keep going?
Why should you continue to serve a master like me?
Why would you want to?"

"You know what I love about you Master?" He smiled with soft eyes. "Your eyes. They always look so kind. You don't smile a lot, but you never look angry or upset. Your eyes look kind and gentle, and the colours are beautiful." I was speechless and kind of frozen in front of him.
"M-m... my... my eyes?" I murmur out under my breath.

He kneeled down on one knee and the same hand in a fist pressed against the floor, the other leaning on the posted knee and his head lowered.
"I am your knight, your loyal servant. I choose to follow you into each battle we encounter. I... I have changed my mind Master." I got worried and my chest tightened. I didn't want him to continue.

"I have a wish now." I stop holding my breath and listen, interested in his wish. "I wish to make you smile." Everything he's said during this conversation has surprised me. Yet, he keeps saying things I don't know how to feel about. "Although you don't speak much I can tell you are a person that deserves to be happy."

I sit on my knees and I'm down on his level. I grab and hold up the hand posted on the floor in both of my smaller hands. He raises his head to look and me and becomes surprised.
"Stay with me?" I smile and at the same time tears fall from my face. "I don't want to be on my own anymore." In the short few minutes we talked it's like he cut open the part of me that trapped my feelings inside.

"I promise Master, until the very end, we stay beside each other, we stay together... I promise." He told me softly as he took his free hand put it on mine.
"Make sure to smile for me when you're happy as well." I tell him and he smiled.

——————
— "until the very end."
"We promised." I smile, tears welling in my eyes and hold Lancer's hand in both of mine as I kneel next to him body laying on the ground.
"I know Master, and your right here." Lancer smiles, his eyes filled with admiration.
"Thank you Diarmuid Ua Duibhne." Our feet begin to fade. "You got your wish." I bring his hand up and lean my cheek against his fingers. "You've made me so happy, you always made me smile. I was never alone because of you."
"You did as well Master. You make me happy." The disappearing has reached our torsos and we haven't much hime to talk now.

"You just wanted to be together?" I hear from in front me.
"Yes." I answer as I pull Lancer's hand against my temple leaning into him more.
"That is a beautiful dream." The Master that defeated us on the 6th stratum tells me, standing beside his servant.
"Thank you." I smile at him I appreciation that our dream was worthy of the approval of another. Our bodies are faded to lights and Lancer has completely disappeared just before I do.

"What's your dream Master of Saber?"