1

"Shhh, it's okay, baby. Mama's got you. That's it, angel." Lauren coos to a crying Camila.

"Oh I know, honey. Show Mama, show me what you want." She directs, trying to place the toddler on her feet only for her to bend her knees and arch her back.

"No, no. On your feet, Camila. Come on, angel, on your feet. Good girl, stand up." She praises as the tiny girl finally puts her feet down.

Crouching down to be at the same level as her daughter, Lauren reaches for her, sighing when the girl just pushes into her and tries to climb over her.

"Cami, no. We're not playing, sweetheart." She shakes her head as the toddler tries to put her right foot on her shoulder in attempt to hoist herself up and over her mother.

Grabbing hold of the girl, Lauren sets her on the floor again, causing the two year old to throw herself back a second time. "Karla Camila, on your feet please." She says sternly, laying the toddler carefully down on the carpet when she is ignored.

Standing up, Lauren moves over to the changing table, getting a diaper and pyjamas ready before going back over to her daughter who is now unsteadily making her way over to the closed bedroom door.

"Come on, baby. Diaper time." The green eyed girl sighs as she scoops the toddler up into her arms, causing the little girl to throw her head back and cry out in distaste.

"Sorry, sweetheart but I don't want you to get a rash." She murmurs, applying some cream while Camila tries to kick her away.

As soon as she's done changing the toddler, Lauren lifts her back into her arms before setting her down in her crib. "Time to calm down please." She sighs, running a hand through her hair when the little one's cries get louder.

"No." Camila sobs as she stands up, holding onto the bars of her crib as she throws her head back unhappily. The toddler bounces a little before swinging her leg up over the bar on the crib and Lauren just has time to grab her before she swings the rest of her body over.

"Mila, no. We don't climb out of there." Lauren sighs, settling the little one on her hip and starting to bounce her slightly. "Come on, bubba. Calm down for Mama."

The little girl cries out unhappily, her hands coming up to pull at her mother's face.

"Now I'm not talking from experience,
But I think I found magnificence
And at the end of the day
you can be hard work, but you're good for me.
And though you seem to make my body ache,
It's a feeling I appreciate.
Which makes it easier when
you can be hard work but you're good for me."

Camila's hands still on Lauren's face, her fingertips resting on the woman's lips. Her eyes focus on the way her mother's lips move and a small smile appears on her face as she calmly watches her sing.

The green eyed girl sighs in relief, pressing a kiss to the little one's fingers as she continues to sing.

"You're hard work, Camila Jauregui but I wouldn't change you for anything." She whispers to her sleeping baby as she holds her close, deciding that today, she would hold her for as long as the toddler would allow.