three

THE SIGHT WAS SLIGHTLY DESPICABLE to Allura when she walked into the main kastala. People were raising their drinks that consisted of hydrogen and ammonia with laughter, jokes and smiles.

This was worse than another five hundred years of war for the strawberry blonde: watching her parents lie to the entire planet about what was going on, the king and the queen being aware of the consequences but still throwing a party.

Her breathing was hard, her teeth tightening in her mouth against each other as her green eyes sent everyone a dirty look, making them immediately back down from their previously joyful attitudes.

Aiyla spotted her daughter among the crowd, turning to Khrystopher who had also seen the strands of red hair among the mass, the angry and disappointed look in her eyes making them worried to what she would do next. They had to get to her.

The two royals tried to calm down the people, the jupiterians only side hugging them and fooling around in their drunk state. Allura noticed that too; the intoxicated state everyone was in. The strawberry blonde shut her eyes close, her mouth opening as she screamed, sound waves coming from her mouth.

"ENOUGH!" The people covered her ears, Aiyla gasping and holding onto her husband as her daughter's green eyes filled with tears, her head shaking in denial. "You dare throw a party when war is raging? You dare be happy when you don't know what will happen by the fifth hour?"

People began murmuring among themselves, the king stepping up and grabbing his oldest daughter's shoulders delicately, his yellow eyes piercing into hers. He sent her a pointed look, his eyes coated with concern; but not for her.

"Stop this right now, Allura."

"Stop what? The truth?" She asked, pushing him off her with ease and trying not be so rough. "People are gonna die when you make that hole! Millions of martians! Jupiter hátalarar!" Jupiter speakers. She screamed; without abilities, her voice bouncing around the massive space. "It's been tested. Chemicals will react with each other, the land will swallow itself and us and the óvinir will win."

The room was silent, all gazes going to the two adults that were looking at their daughter with distaste; more the king than the queen. Khrystopher cleared his throat, grabbing his daughter's arm and closing his eyes.

"I must call the guards on you, dóttir mín." My daughter. He said, Allura laughing humorlessly as she removed her arms from his grasp; this time not bothering to do it nicely, her hair flicking slightly at the sudden movement as her green eyes became a new sense of cold.

"You do as you wish, faðir. It won't change the reality of what will happen." Father. She said, her body turning to the crowd as her expression and her stance demanded attention, it being granted to her. "The óvinir came here to make us extinct. To keep our territory. We have fought for five hundred years and we have pulled through. Yes, we have lost. Yes, we will keep losing. But if we do this, we become worse than our enemies. Why? Because we kill each other."

Pearl, Lana, Ivan and other friends of Allura and her brother stood up, adults also going to her side as Aiyla only sighed, her orange eyes going to her husband who was shaking with exasperation.

"Retire, Allura."

"Will do, Khrystopher."

Behind the strawberry blonde people walked, their heads high as they knew they were doing the right thing. Aiyla stopped them, her posture straight as she eyed them, the martians paling, but not Allura.