-18: Late Night Talk (Shows)-

-Photo of Raymond-

It was creeping on eleven when we stopped playing as Peter Parker and turned on actual cable tv. Jonah stuck on a late night talk show hosted by one of the guys with eerily similar names. We hadn't turned on any lights and the tv was the only thing illuminating the room. My pain was creeping back in and I kept restlessly shifting in an attempt to relieve it.

"You can take another elixer before you sleep," Jonah reminds me.

"Right, the medicine schedule I wasn't paying attention to."

"It's easy, potions when you wake up, at noon, and before sleep. Medical salve should be applied first thing in the morning," Crowley informs me.

"Well why couldn't she have put it like that?" I dejectedly ask.

I check my phone and find plenty of notification I don't really have the energy to bother opening. I sigh and slump deeper into the couch cushions.

Jonah puts an arm around me and tugs me closer to him. "You tired?"

"Kinda," I mumble, "I think I'm emotionally exhausted more than tired."

"I'm right here if you wanna talk about it."

"I don't-" I start, I lean forward causing Jonah's arm to fall away, and bury my head in my hands. "I wouldn't know where to start."

Jonah doesn't reply and lets me think. "I'm not good with emotions," I say eventually.

"I know Ash, but you're trying and that means the world to me."

"I haven't opened up- or even just casually spoken about anything like this- since the accident," I admit, sitting up to face Jonah.

"So you're out of practice," Jonah states. "Maybe you just have to start again."

I watch him as I think of what to say, he hesitantly takes my hand. I'm so used to hiding behind my sarcasm and jokes that I haven't been vulnerable on this scale in what feels like forever. Crowley helps advise me on where to begin.

"I'm scared," I tell him eventually. I take a deep breath before continuing, "I've never liked someone so much it hurt until now, and I'm scared I'm going to mess this up. I'm scared I'm going to lose you."

"You won't," He says like he believes it.

I spike of anger washed over me. "But you can't promise that," I snap, harsher than needed. I take another deep breath. I continue softer, "I'm sorry Jonah, but you can't promise me that. I lost my parents when I needed them the most, and you can't keep that promise."

When I meet Jonah's eyes they're sad. "But I can. I can promise you that I'm going to be by you no matter what, because I want to be," he squeezes my hand and smiles sweetly. "Asher I want to spend every minute with you so that even if I die tomorrow, I'll remember you forever. You'll always have me Asher, and you still carry your parents with you."

His words leave me breathless. He takes his free hand and cups my cheek, his thumb rest on my scar. I smile at him, wondering how this brilliant boy landed in my life.

"I'm still kinda scared because I don't know what I'm doing, but thank you."

He laughs, "Hey, I don't know what I'm doing either."

"When do we ever?" I jokingly ask. We laugh together and he pulls me into a hug. My heart flutters at the prolonged contact but I feel some of my stress lessen when I'm in his arms.

"I plan on being right here if you ever need me as well," I inform him, wanting him to know I was going to stand by him no matter what.

"Thanks Ash."