Chapter 15

Gajeel

My eyes shot open, the room was dark, yet it felt familiar. I sat up slightly, feeling my weight shift. I heard a small moan beside me. That's right, I'm in Levy's room, in her bed with her. I lay back down, relaxing slightly and closed my eyes. I rolled over draping my arm over her waist and kissed the top of her head. Suddenly her body started shaking and the moans got more frantic, desperate even, and they sounded like they were muffled.

"Lev? What's wrong?" I asked softly.

Her body shook harder, and she didn't reply, just made those muffled sounds. I got out of bed and tried to turn the lights on. I flicked the switch and I gasped, feeling my stomach drop.

Levy was tied up on the bed, her mouth gagged. Her clothes were tattered and torn, and her body was bruised all over. Her eyes were wide, staring at me in horror. My eyes flickered down to her stomach and I saw that mark.

That God damn mark.

I stepped towards her to help her, but every time I got closer, she would let out a muffled scream. She was writhing around on the bed, as though she was in pain, tears streaming down her cheeks and onto the matress. I stumbled towards her, trying to console her, trying to assure her I wouldn't hurt her. I sat on the bed next to her but she kept trying to wriggle away, sobbing and choking as she did.

I reached behind her head softly, trying to remove the gag in her mouth. As soon as I touched her, her body went stiff and her wide eyes locked on mine. I gently untied the knot and tried to brush the hair out of her face, but she instantly started thrashing and biting at me. I gently held her down by her shoulders, trying to stop her from struggling.

"Levy, please just stop. I don't want to hurt you." I almost begged.

"Gajeel, you're hurting me."

"Please just stop fighting me, let me help you!"

"Gajeel please! Stop! What are you doing!"

"Gajeel, please don't hurt me! Please, Gajeel!"

My eyes shot open again, but this time I was on top of Levy, my arms pininng her down, while she stared at me in horror. My eyes flicked down her body. She had no bruises on her exposed flesh, and the mark on her stomach was gone. I heard the door being kicked open and felt my body be dragged off the bed. My eyes were locked on Levy's, seeing nothing by fear and sadness within them, her chest heaving as she caught her breath.

"Gajeel, what the hell was that! Miss Levy, are you okay?" Lily boomed.

He must've heard the commotion and transformed.

"Y-yeah... I'm just a little scared is all." She whispered.

As soon as she said that I felt my heart drop. I swore to myself I would protect her and keep her safe, and yet I'm doing shit like this without even realising. I pushed Lily off of me and sat on the edge of the bed, dropping my head into my hands.

Fucking idiot.

You've ruined everything once again, no surprises there.

The one good thing you had and you've gone and fucked it up.

I felt my body shake and as much as I tried to stop it, it was as if I wasn't in control of my body anymore. We all sat in silence for what seemed like hours, my body trembling. I tried to stifle my cries but they kept slipping out. Great, now they all know how much of a loser you are.