Chapter 10

Levy

I all but ran back home, dragging Gajeel behind me. My mind raced with all the things I would need to take with me. The weather was meant to stay clear so I wouldn't need to pack heavily. Even if I did I could get Gajeel to carry it, he usually did when we went on jobs at the guild, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

We arrived back home, much faster than when we left. I stepped up to my front door and pushed it open, causing an envelope to fall down. I picked it up off the ground and examined the doorway. Strange, it must have been wedged between the door and the frame. I slid my finger under the paper, trying to open it gently.

"Ah fuck." I hissed.

"You alright?" Gajeel asked from behind.

"Yeah, papercut. It's fine, you can go inside if you like. I just need to read this letter quickly." I replied, sucking my finger.

I pulled the letter out, unfolding it delicately and reading what was written.

Levy,

I came by earlier but you weren't home, I just wanted to apologise for what happened with that guy. I honestly have no idea who he is or what he wanted with me. I swear, he just came after me for no reason. I wish that there  was some way I could make this up to you. I really care about you, and I want to make it work so I'll give you all the time you need until we can be together. You know where I am if you ever need me,

Tristan.

I frowned at the hastily scribbled note. What did he mean until we can be together. He knows that I don't want that with him. I don't even know what's going on with him, let alone what was going on with Gajeel.

I stared into my house, watching as Gajeel rifled through his bag and laughed with Panther Lily. My face flushed as I thought about how I had kissed him, still not believing I could even do something like that. Gajeel looked up at me, causing us to lock eyes. My heart started beating harder in my chest, making my face feel even more flushed.

"You alright, shrimp?" He asked cockily, his eyebrow raised.

"Uh.. Yeah, I just need to pack!" I rushed out, running into my room.

I heard him chuckle lightly as I ran past. As I got into my room I leant against a wall with my hands over my face, willing it to stop being so warm. Why am I acting like this! Its just stupid Gajeel!

After calming myself down I pulled a bag out and started filling it with clothes that I would need, not really paying attention to what I threw in. I reached into my underwear drawer and grasped onto something with a scratchy fabric. Confused, I pulled it out and felt my face flush again. A large grin spread across my face. I was holding onto a lacy black bra that Lucy had bought for me while we were drunk. Apparently it would 'help my chances of getting Gajeel into bed with me'. I laughed to myself and threw it back in my drawer. There was no way I was taking it with me, if Gajeel saw it I would never live it down.

I finished up packing and walked into the lounge, seeing Gajeel spread out across the couch with his eyes closed. I walked up to him as quietly as possible, watching his face to make sure he didn't know he was coming. I stood above his face, unsure if he was actually sleeping or not. I cocked my head to the side and poked him right in the middle of his forehead. His eyes shot open but his body remained still.

"Come on, Lazy. Time to go." I huffed, a little upset that I couldn't scare him.

"Sorry, must've fell asleep waiting for you to hurry up." He smirked, staring me dead in the eyes.

"Well where's Lily? Is he coming too?" I grumbled.

"Actually, he's gone out for a bit. He asked if it was okay for him to stay while we went. We're only gonna be gone for what, three days?" He replied easily, standing up off the couch.

My face warmed slightly, imagining it just being us on this job. Obviously we had been on jobs together before, but Lily was always with us. This would be the first time with just us.

"Lev?"

"Huh? Oh yeah... Yeah of course. Yeah that's fine." I stammered out.

"Great, well let's go then."

~~~

We had been traveling for at least 7 hours, and it was starting to get dark. My feet were burning and my legs ached. I looked over at Gajeel, and he didn't look in any way tired. I sighed to myself quietly, fixing the straps of my bag across my shoulders.

"Do you wanna stop for the night, shrimp?" He asked softly.

I nodded, biting my lip. I knew he didn't need to rest and it made me feel bad knowing that we were stopping because of me.

"I'm sure we'll find a clearing or gap soon enough to settle down for the night. Want me to carry your bag?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you though."

After about 15 minutes of walking, we came across a small gap in the side of the path. Gajeel lightly grabbed my hand and pulled me over to it, kicking some rocks out of the way. I set my bag down and sat on the cool grass, relishing the feeling of not having weight on my feet. Gajeel set his bag down beside me, walking around and finding twigs and tinder to start a fire.

"Hey Lev, in the front of my bag there should be some flint. Chuck it here, would ya?" He asked, not looking away from what he was doing.

I rifled through his bag, grabbing onto the flint. I stood up and walked it over to him, holding it out in my hand for him, he reached out and went to grab it, his hand lingering for a moment on mine.

"Uh, thanks." He replied bluntly, snatching it from my hand.

I could've sworn that his face was red before he turned around, making my face warm too. He struck the flint and the fire sparked to life, causing Gajeel to smirk in satisfaction. He came and sat next to where I was before, gesturing for me to sit next to him again. I sat beside him and watching the fire flicker in front of us. I felt my body shiver in the cool night air, causing Gajeel to look over at me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, the breeze was a bit cold is all" I replied quietly, hugging my arms around my body.

He opened up his bag and rummaged through it before pulling out a large blanket. He shook it out before draping it around my shoulders, leaving his arm around me. I grabbed onto the edges, curling it around myself, enjoying the feeling of warmth spreading through me. I leant my head on gajeels chest, letting my eyes close on their own. I felt myself starting to fall asleep, but before I was out I felt Gajeel press his lips to the top of my head. I snuggled further into him, smiling to myself before drifting off to sleep.

***

Hi again everybody! I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit messy, I've been working on it for a bit and was struggling with where I wanted it to go so I hope it's okay! Let me know what you all think!
Tash x