Chapter 11

Gajeel

I woke up to birds chirping loudly and a soft pressure on my lap. I tried to sit up slowly, hearing a tiny groan as I moved. Sitting up enough, I could see Levy curled up in ball with her head on my thighs, her hand underneath her face. I played with a few strands of her hair gently, trying not to wake her. Damn, Gajeel. What does she have that makes you such a sook? I chuckled quietly to myself, my laughter causing her to jostle slightly. Her hand that was on my thigh clenched, making my body freeze.

Oh shit. Her hand is up way too high, and now she's squeezing my leg? Gah! Get these thoughts out of your head, you perve!

I kept mentally scolding myself, trying to focus on anything but where Levy's hand was very close to, almost silently begging her to wake up. The more I tried not to think about it, the tougher it became. I kept noticing every twitch of her hand, every movement her head made against my lap.

I groaned quietly to myself. It wasn't that I didn't want her down there, in fact that was mainly the problem. I just didn't need her waking up with the proof those feelings poking her in the side of the head. We had only kissed like 3 times, there was no way either of us were ready for this sort of thing. Just as I thought I couldn't take anymore, her head gently lifted off me along with her hand. Her tiny arms raised above her as she stretched, letting out a tiny moan as she did so, causing my face to flush a little more.

"Morning, Gajeel." She grumbled, still not sounding awake.

I smirked, she was not a morning person. "Hey, Lev. Sleep well?"

"Mmm. I need to pee." She mumbled, before standing and staggering off slowly.

I laughed loudly, knowing she would probably hear me. Well I guess that's one way to cool down.

I started packing all of our things up so that we would be ready to go as soon as she came back. I packed most of it into my bag, knowing full well she wouldn't be happy about being on the move so soon after waking up, but damn did I need to focus on something other than her. She stumbled back slowly, rolling her shoulder around and rubbing her neck with her other hand.

"I can't wait until we get back home so I can actually sleep somewhere comfortable." She groaned.

"What're you complaining about! You had the comfiest seat in the house last night! Now come on, let's get going so this job is done." I laughed, throwing both of our bags over my shoulder.

"Fine, whatever..." She grumbled.

I chuckled again, ruffling her hair as we set off.

~~~

About four hours, and a lot of whining later, we arrived at what looked like a run down village. I looked at the houses around me, trying to look through the windows to see if anybody was here. I started to walk towards one of them, but stopped when Levy's hand shot out and grasped mine.

"Something's not right, stay with me." She whispered.

"What do you mean, ain't right?" I replied, my eyes flicking down to our hands.

"The magic here feels off, like somebody's messed with it somehow. Let's just find this book and go home." She whispered, her voice shaking a little this time.