Chapter 6

Levy

I woke up to a loud banging on my door that seemed like it would never end. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes, checking the time. 6.15. It is way too early in the morning for me to be up. I rolled out of bed, trying to flatten my hair down, I could just feel it sticking up. I staggered to the door, yawning as I went. Whoever was at the door kept hammering away as I approached. I cracked open the door and peered outside, staring at the blue haired man in front of me.

"Tristan, what the fuck. Its way too early." I mumbled, opening the door wider.

"We agreed on this like, the other day. Morning hike? Plus picnic." He said in a questioning tone, holding up a basket.

My eyes widened and I slapped my hand on my forehead. Of course! How could I forget, I had agreed to getting up early and going on a trail that Tristan had heard of. I had even packed away a small bag of things to take with me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Tristan. I cannot believe I forgot! I'm still so tired, can we not go just yet?" I yawned.

Disappointment flashed in his eyes briefly before a smile crossed his face again. "If you want, we can just have a picnic in the backyard? Or we could go into town and get something?"

"I wouldn't mind getting a coffee, if that's okay with you."

He smiled softly at me again, disappointment on his face again.

"Of course. You should go get dressed though, I don't think you could get away with going into town like that." He smirked at me, trying not to laugh as he looked me up and down.

I looked down at myself and squealed. I had fallen asleep in nothing but a singlet and my underwear. I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door behind me, hearing Tristan laughing loudly behind me.

***

"Hey, at least you've got nice legs." Tristan laughed.

"Shut up..." I grumbled, sipping at my iced mocha.

He smiled warmly again before reaching out and ruffling my hair.

"Never." He grinned.

"Ugh, you're stupid! Well I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back." I sighed.

I stood up slowly, still feeling tired. As I walked away, I could almost feel Tristan's eyes on me the whole time.

Gajeel

"Come on, Lily. We gotta be able to find her somewhere." I grunted, storming off the train.

My stomach lurched as I stepped off, and I held myself up against a column in the station.

"Take it easy. We just got here, we don't need to search right away." Lily replied simply.

I frowned at the ground. I knew he was right, and that he was being the sensible one. We could always wait a bit, find a place to stay even. But I felt like I had to see her now, like I couldn't wait any longer. I almost knew she was here, I knew we could find her.

"The sooner we start, the sooner we'll find her." I said bluntly.

"Stubborn as always, Gajeel." Lily shook his head, but smiled at me.

I stood up straight and started walking out of the station, not sure where I was going. People bustled around us as we walked through the town. It was only 9 in the morning but there were people everywhere. Walking into shops, setting up stalls, sitting down for breakfast. The more I walked through town the worse I started feeling. I need to find her.

I shook my head lightly, trying to get the desperation out of my head. What if she hated me for being away for so long? What if whatever it was that we had was gone? What if she was with somebody else. I frowned again. There was no point thinking like this. The only way to know, and that was to find her.

I turned around a corner and saw a figure sitting outside a coffee shop with light blue hair. My body halted and lily crashed into the back of my legs.

"Woah, Gajeel are you okay?" He asked, rubbing his head.

"It's Levy." I whispered.

I walked towards her, my heart beating loudly in my chest. Oh fuck, what do I say? Heya shrimp? No, too casual. Excuse me Levy? No, way to formal. Shit. Why is this so hard! I was about a metre away from her before I stopped and cleared my throat.

"Uh... Levy?" I called out, her name getting caught in my throat.

Whoever turned around wasn't her. I felt my face turn red and my jaw drop as I realised that it was actually a dude. The man looked at me up and down with an eyebrow raised.

"Pardon?" He asked.

"I meant Levy, do you know her? You have the same coloured hair." I grunted, trying to cool my face down.

He kept looking at me with his eyebrow raised.

"No sorry, never heard the name. Is there a reason you're looking for her?" He asked, almost snarkily.

"Just a friend." I replied coldly.

I didn't like how he was talking to me, like I was stupid, or inferior to him. I felt my temper starting to rise. I clenched my fists beside my, resisting the urge to punch him in his smug looking face.

"Gajeel, I think we should go now." Lily said quietly.

I looked down at him and noticed that his fists were balled up too.

"Fine. Thanks for the help." I almost spat out at the man, turning around and walking away.

"Not a problem, have a great day." He called out merrily.

Something in my head snapped. My body turned around on its own and before I knew it, I was holding him up by his collar, holding him up at my face.

"What the fuck is your problem, man?" He choked out, tiny bits of spit hitting my face.

"You just fucked off a dragon." I grinned menacingly.

I pulled my fist back, preparing to punch him.

"He Tristan I'm ba- What the? Gajeel?"

***

Hey everybody! Hopefully having a split makes sense! So they've finally been reunited, but how well is it gonna go? ;)
Thanks for reading everybody! xox