Chapter 7

Gajeel

I dropped the man to the ground, my heart racing. I tried to form words but all I could do was stare at her with my mouth open like an idiot. Time stood still as I watched her standing there, she almost looked as shocked as I was.

Her scruffy hair had grown longer, now brushing her collar bones, and it wasnt tied back with a hair band. She wasn't wearing her usual bright orange, instead she was wearing a dark, navy shirt and a pair of black shorts. I thought she had gotten taller too, but as I looked down her legs I saw that she was wearing a pair of heeled sandals. As I looked back up, our eyes locked together and it felt as though we hadn't been apart for a year.

I started to smile to myself, everything was the same between us. I shifted my weight so I could go up to her, but before I could she shook her head and ran to the man on the ground. My body froze and I felt rooted to the ground, and all I could do was stare at her.

"Tristan, oh my god are you okay? What happened here?" She worried over him, helping him stand up.

"I don't even know, babe. You went inside and then this guy came up to me and tried to start something." Tristan whined.

I flinched when he called her babe. Even I never called her babe. I wasn't sure, but I could've sworn I saw Levy frown when he called her that too, but it could be jealousy. She turned to face me with her hands on her hips, her brows furrowed and a frown on her face. She stalked up towards me before pulling me away from Tristan, who was grinning cockily at me.

"Gajeel, what the hell?" She asked simply.

"Levy. It's been too long, I shoulda come to see you sooner. I'm-"

"No, Gajeel. What the hell? Why did you try to start a fight with Tristan? He did nothing wrong! What is your problem? You can't just go along, throwing your weight around! People could get hurt. Why would you even do something like that!" She rushed out, getting louder as she went.

Her face was flushed red and tears had started to form in the corner of her eyes. Despite everything, I smiled to myself. I forgot that she cried when she got angry and frustrated. He frown grew even larger.

"Gajeel! What the fuck! How are you smiling! God, you're such an asshole!" She yelled. I heard snickering behind us, causing my mood to sour.

"Look, I asked your boyfriend over there if he knew anyone called Levy. He said no and then proceeded to fuck me off. And then surprise, surprise you show up from inside and here we fucking are. Want anything else?" I yelled back.

Levy flinched back, shock on her face. The laughter behind us stopped and then Tristan placed his hand around Levy's waist, staring at me with a snide grin on his face.

"Babe, you alright? He's not giving you trouble, we can always get somebody to sort him." He asked her.

Levy's face was unreadable, her eyes darted between us, tears threatening to spill over. She wriggled out of his grasp, pushing his hand away, before facing him.

"Don't call me babe or anything like that. Just... Just... Go away! Both of you! I need to be alone." She yelled before running off, wiping her eyes as she went.

Tristan and I both watched her as she left. I shook my head and started walking after her, my hands behind my head. Lily, who was stood by the table, grabbed her bag and joined me. Tristan jogged to catch up with me, trying to grab my shoulder to turn me around.

"Hey, what the hell. Stop!" He grunted.

"Fuck off." I replied, shrugging his hand off me.

I heard him growl, before he grabbed my shoulder harder and yanked my body backwards. As I spun around, I watched as his fist was racing towards my face. I debated stopping him, but then smirked, tilting my head down so his fist made contact with my forehead. I heard a crack as his knuckles hit me. He shrieked and pulled his hand back into his crotch, moaning in pain.

"What the fuck are you?" He whined again.

"I told ya to fuck off." I said simply before turning around and walking off again.

People from inside shops and houses were peeking out their doors and windows, watching everything go down. I could hear them whispering as we went.

"Gajeel, maybe you shouldn't have let that happen. We only just got here, we dont want a name for ourselves." Pantherlily said matter of factly.

"Yeah yeah. He was gettin on my nerves." I smirked.

"Always so hard headed." Lily chuckled.

"You know it." I grinned back. "Now we need to find Levy. If I know her she'll be crying somewhere. She needs to be cheered up."

Lily rifled through her bag, before pulling out a folded piece of paper. As he unfolded it, I saw a lot of writing and her signature at the bottom.

"What even is that?" I asked.

"Seems like it's a deed or something for a house. There's an address on it, I'd say it's hers. We might need to ask somebody where it is." He said, looking around at the busy street.

"Give it here, people might find it weird if a cat is asking." I chuckled, grabbing the paper from his paws.

I walked up to the quietest stall, one selling flowers, the older lady behind it arranging bouquets. I cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up at me and smiled warmly.

"Oh hello dear! How can I help you?" She asked sweetly.

"I'm looking for this place, how do I get here." I asked, showing her the paper.

She squinted at the address on the paper before smiling again, grabbing a small piece of paper and a pen, writing down directions for me, saying them out loud as she wrote them. I looked at all of her flowers that she had, the smell of them all overpowering each other and making me feel a little sick. I saw some yellow flowers in a jug, recognising them from when Levy and I went for a walk and she made a comment over how pretty they were. The lady handed me the paper and grinned.

"Its a lovely wee house that you're going to. Just out of the city too. Hopefully these instructions shouldn't be too hard to follow." She said warmly.

"Thanks. How much are those yellow ones." I said, pointing at the flowers.

The old ladies eyes twinkled and the smile on her face widened.

"Oh the tulips? They're only 3 gold for the bunch. Are they for a certain someone?" She chuckled to herself.

"Uh, yeah... I'll have 'em." I said, my face flushed.

I handed her the gold and took them out of her hands, thanking her before rushing off. Lily eyed me skeptically.

"Didn't know you liked flowers." He smirked.

"Shut it. Take this." I growled, my cheeks red.

I handed him the directions and swapped the tulips from hand to hand. I could feel everybody's eyes on me. Stupid flowers, making me look dumb.

"Seems easy enough. This way." Lily stated, before wandering off.

I exhaled loudly, walking after him. Fuck, I hope Levy won't be too pissed. Though she is kinda hot when she's mad. I smirked to myself as I followed Lily. Hopefully it's not a long walk.

***

Hey everybody! Hopefully this update is okay and makes sense! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Thank you for reading!
Tash xox