Chapter 12: Dying... again?

"Open up." A pleasant female voice was heard from behind the closed doors of the Main Imperial Spell room, scaring the daylights out of the four guards that were standing watch outside the said room. Two of them instantly moved to open the doors while the other two prepared their weapons in case something goes wrong.

As the doors opened, the guards were prepared to see two young imperial princes with a maidservant, but instead, they saw a stunning young female who looked like a divine being who descended from above to grace them with her heavenly presence. She couldn't be called a girl as she was too graceful and elegant to be a child, yet she was looking too young and innocent to be called a woman. Ah, what a peerless beauty she was, truly a magnificent sight to behold.

As their eyes lowered down, they noticed another ethereal looking youth who was lying motionlessly in the arms of the female deity. His otherworldly face was as beautiful and breathtaking as the rarest of jades, and his white clothes only added to the image of a celestial being.

Then one of the guards noticed his silver hair and immediately kowtowed* begging for forgiveness for not recognizing His Imperial Highness (Y/n). Two other men followed him shortly, but the last one was standing completely still as he kept looking at the red-eyed fairy, lost in his wicked fantasies.

Guiying's brows raised a little but she didn't say anything as she gave the man a disapproving look and, a few moments later, he had found himself pinned to the opposite wall by her spiritual power with a few minor fractures and broken ribs. He tried to scream in pain, but the blood in his mouth muffled his agonized scream to gurgling before his body dropped on the floor unmoving.

"One hundred lashes for him**." Guiying dropped quietly with a detached face, not sparing the man another glance before leaving the hall.

One of the kneeling guards almost started crying in happiness - not only did his stupid friend ignored the presence of the second imperial prince (Y/n), he didn't also properly greet the young general Guiying! Ah, his friend was such a lucky one! If that was any other general, at best he would be severed of a limb and then exiled from the Imperial Palace...

***

Two servants opened the gates of the throne room in front of Guiying and she quickly entered, not raising her eyes, and lowered her head in respect.

"This lowly one is greeting His Imperial Majesty The Lord of the Heavens, The Great Right Empress of the Heavens and The Great Left Empress of the Heavens. This lowly one is begging for permission to call the imperial physician to treat His Highness (Y/n)." 

"What happened?!" Tsubasa, who was sitting to the right of the Emperor, jumped out of his throne and swiftly moved towards Guiying, completely disregarding all manners and social protocols. 

Upon seeing his son's devastating state up close, he raised Guiying's face with his hands to look into her eyes and used his unique ability to look through her memories.

***

Less than a minute later, with a grim face, Tsubasa promptly took the silver vial out of his interspatial ring*** and poured the violet liquid out of it into (Y/n)'s throat. 

Only after seeing the color returning to his son's delicate features, he breathed a sigh of relief, and let the backs of his fingers caress soothingly over the youth's smooth cheek.

Suddenly, the heavy silence was interrupted by the sound of opening gates, followed by unhurried steps as Ren entered the room. "This unfilial son is greeting His Imperial Majesty and The Two Great Empresses."