Chapter 9: Promise

You tilted your head innocently."Here, in the bathing room of all places. Now, it must be a really serious talk."  It could really pass as an innocent statement if it didn't sound so sarcastic though. After hearing this, the look on Ren's face turned even sourer, but he didn't say anything.

Some time passed as you stared each other down.

"Well? Didn't you want to talk about something serious?" You clicked your tongue in annoyance - the whole situation was starting to piss you off.

"...Your attitude displeases me immensely, (Y/n)."

'This little punk...'

"Is that so? Sorry, I'm probably just overreacting because you barged in here while I was taking a bath, then said something about having a serious talk, and in the end decided not to say anything, though you could just wait for me in my room if you wanted to discuss something. ...Hmm, maybe you came here not to talk, but for some other - very important - reason?"

'To ogle Guiying while she was taking a bath, for example.'

Your words were laced with innuendo, and Ren definitely noticed it. It was impossible not to. His face turned almost red and he quickly excused himself, but not before giving Guiying a sidelong glance and telling you that he'll be waiting for you in your private room.

You could only sigh.

***

When Guiying opened the doors of your room in front of you, you were already very angry.

First, you had an argument with your cute little servant because she wanted to help you with dressing not only your robes but also your pants and undergarments. That was, of course, unacceptable, so the whole road back to your room she was puffing out her cheeks and had an overall look of a person who was offended greatly.

Second, when you exited the bathing room, there were four people kneeling on the floor - and they were begging for forgiveness because they let someone else enter inside without your permission while you were there. But this 'someone else' was His Imperial Highness Ren, so they, of course, couldn't deny him entrance. Then what was the point of this talk? Right, there wasn't any, so with a scary smile, you promised them that whoever was to kneel the next time in front of you would be punished.

To top it all off, now you had a great view of a certain person, who was leisurely drinking something - probably tea - in the middle of your room with an air of arrogance around him. Someone even fetched him a table and two chairs - you were sure there wasn't anything like this in your room before.

With tightly pursed lips you walked to the table and flopped down on the free chair without any grace whatsoever. Seeing this, Ren only lifted one of his brows and continued drinking his... drink, as if nothing has happened.

***

You honestly didn't know what to think about Ren. Also, you had no idea how to treat him.

After reading the script you pitied him because he probably wasn't the one who killed (Y/n).

After meeting him the first time, you weren't sure if he was so innocent anymore.

And after meeting him the second time, you were sure that he was jealous of you - so much, that he decided to barge into the bathing room without any hesitation to check on Guiying.

Then a sudden thought struck you like a lightning bolt all of a sudden:  what if Ren was a yandere for Guiying?

What... if he killed (Y/n) because of her? What if he saw her somewhere - during her training, for example, fell in love with her, then heard from (Y/n)'s mother that she was to serve (Y/n), and that was resulting in his killing attempt?