Chapter 27-Our First Argument

Start from the beginning

We eat with me bombarding questions about his work. I find out he did so many things today which is not a shock to me but he must be very tired from moving around a lot. He woke up way earlier than me this morning. I woke up at five while he woke up at three in the morning. I know he has a lot of stuff to do but even us,leaders, we need our rest. Tonight, I will make him go to sleep before midnight. He thinks I can't notice his messy hair, the dark circles under his eyes and how every few minutes, he would run his hand over his face just to keep himself awake. It pains me to see him so tired these days.

"I am going to help you with work later." He lifts his head, stunned.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am."

With that, I pick up our empty plates and wash them. Afterward, I dry my hands and interlace my hands into his. He gives me a tired smile before leading the way to his office. He tells me that during the day, he will check on everything whether it be the second pack house, the smaller houses within the territory, the boundary of the territory, training and even the prison.

The climb to his office couldn't get anymore tiring. He opens the door to his office and I enter. The office was almost the same size as our bedroom which is really really big. He has shelves filled with many folders on the left. Right in front of me is a couch which could fit two people and opposite it sits a similar couch. In the middle of the two couches, sits a rectangular table and at the width of that table lays a couch enough to fit one person. To my right is my mate's desk with a comfortable office chair. I have only been here twice but I didn't realize how big his office is.

Aiden gestures for me to come over and I do. He pulls me to his lap and I don't resist. He passes me a file and I read through it. "You can just approve or deny the request. You don't have to get my approval."I nod.

I read through many files and I approved the majority of it. I grab a file with the name, Armani Jackson. I open to see a picture of him. I read through his records. He committed a grave deed by killing a group of teenagers from this pack. I read through the names of the victims and tear up a little. They were so young. It stated here that he was executed two days after he was caught. He did deserve it. The werewolf law that werewolves are not to murder another werewolf unless they broke a law or hurt anyone recklessly. The punishment is death.

I put away the file. "I am going to the bathroom little mate." I stand up and he proceeds towards the door. I begin to wander around the room and look through the shelves. I find one which was interesting. I take out the folder and sit on one of the couches. I flip open the folder and see a picture of a beautiful girl who looks around my age. I read through her particulars and she was born two years before me but she looks quite young though when this picture was taken. I flip and see her death certificate written there. I gasp. The cause of death was murder. I see her werewolf title.

Black Moon's Pack Luna

I close the folder in shock. This folder is saying that she was the first Luna before I came along. Why has no one mentioned it to me? Was I meant to find out like this?

Aiden enters right at that moment and I can feel him staring at me. Tears escape my eyes but my hands swiftly wipe them away. I stand up with the utmost strength my legs could give me at the moment with the folder in my hands. I stretch out the folder towards him.

"Who is she? Who is Elizabeth Red?"His face instantly pales.

"I....I can-"I interrupt him.

"NO! You don't. How can you not tell me something like this? How can everyone in this pack lie to me? Maybe you ordered them not to tell me but that doesn't mean I won't get mad when I find out like this. This kind of things I want to listen from you. "

I walk towards the door and he blocks it."GET OUT OF MY WAY!"I was not angry but disappointed that he never told me about his first mate. How could he? I know I shouldn't have been a busybody and walked around the room like that but if I hadn't discovered his secret. Will I ever find out?

I push him away using very little of my powers and he does. I walk towards our room and locks the door. I just wanted to change into my pajamas and sleep. I felt like life was drained from my body. I lay on the soft mattress, thinking about the scene that just occurred. I close my eyes and sleep took over.

I wake up due to an intense pain on my lower abdomen. My body felt like it was on fire. The pain continues to increase and I feel another body close in contact with mine. I wanted my mate. I wanted all of my mate. In a flash, I was on top of my mate. The pain getting the best of me. My wolf wanted to claim him and make him mine. I press kisses all over his neck and face. Aiden's eyes open, shocked to see me in this position.

I fight back the pain and move away from Aiden. I clutch my lower abdomen and collapse on the cold floor, away from the warmth of my mate. "You have to go now!" Those were the only words I could say.

"Faye, you are in heat." That is when everything hit me. "Go now before I do something I regret."I point towards the door with my right hand while my other hand was clutching my abdomen.

I crawl further away from him and I lean my body against the wall. Aiden shuts the door. Leaving me in this empty room in which no one could help to lessen this pain. It was excruciating pain and it got so bad that I felt numb. Someone bombards in the room and I see the person I am glad to see.

Mom.

She rushes to me and embraces me. For a moment, I could feel the pain but it comes back harder instead. I groan in pain. She carries me into the bathroom and twists the tap as water begins filling in the bathtub. I feel beads of sweat roll down from my forehead. Tears filling my eyes as the pain gets too much. Soon, the sound of water filling the bathtub lessens. Mom carries me and places me in the bathtub filled with cold water.

The cold water starts lessening the pain slowly and my mom continues draining and filling the bathtub with fresh and cold water. She adds ice cubes for a greater effect. I feel my eyes drooping and everything around me a blur before my eyes finally gave up.

***
How do you guys feel about Aiden's first mate? Was it shocking?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter!