Chapter 27-Our First Argument

Faye's POV

I descend the stairs to only meet the eyes of my real mom, Alyssa. Alyssa has a look of shock but she quickly recovered and approaches me. "Good morning Faye." I smile back and greets her too. We decided to chat in the living room.

"How have you been holding up here?" She had the warmth that I had been earnestly craving for a long time.

"I have been holding up fine. Everyone here has been friendly to me."

"That's good. By any chance, have you seen Grayson?"

"No, I haven't. Is he still mad at me?" Alyssa wraps her hands around mine as a gesture of comfort. I knew my real father was going to react differently to the news about Audrey. One day, I am sure he will learn to accept it because Audrey is my daughter and nothing or no one can change that fact.

"No, he is not. He just needs time to accept that his baby girl is already a parent. Trust me. He will soon come to you and say that because after all, Audrey is our granddaughter." My heart fluttered with warmth and mother love.

We continued chatting for a while about everything and I began to call her Mom. She hugged me and thanked for willingly accepting her as a Mom after everything that happened. I realized that not only I had a hard time but my parents did too. Imagining the worst possible situation whether their daughter was alive or not. Hopelessly trying to find me all these years and it is heartbreaking as each day goes by without a sign of their daughter. Not only that but I knew they blamed themselves every single day for not protecting their daughter properly.

That is why I decided to accept my parents. I have wasted a long time not being with them. With all the time I have now, I want to be able to spend it with them. I want to make memories with them. I want to take pictures with them and put them in cute picture frames. I want to be able to maintain long conversations with them. I want to be able to eat and cook every meal for them.

After chatting with Mom, I continue with my daily routine.

A long day came and went. Time went by so quickly that it was already dinner time. I help the ladies in the house prepare dinner and I set up the table a few minutes before dinner starts. I place food on the table and I couldn't stop myself from taking a whiff of the delicious food. As soon as the ladies and I finish setting up the table, we wash our hands before joining our mates to eat.

I see Aiden and embraced him. He kisses my forehead and we separate. We smile at each other before sitting down at our places. He commences for dinner to begin and I start taking homemade burgers with fries.

"I talked to Mom today." Aiden chokes on his food and his eyes widen finding mine. I pass him his water to ease his choking.

"You did?"

"Yes, I did. Are you that surprised?" He nods before continuing to eat his fries.

"We had a really really long chat and it feels amazing to talk to her. She is the mother that I thought existed only in my dreams." He pats my head.

"It is good that you begin talking to her and that you enjoy talking to her. I am proud of you my little mate." He caresses my cheeks.

I blush slightly but I only lean into his touch.

"You guys should just get a room." I recognize the voice as Ariana's. I move away from his touch-feeling a little shy and resumes eating. Aiden's hand reaches out and snatches one of my fries. I smack his hand away and pops the fry into my mouth. How dare he try to steal my fry!

"Mr. Black, there are so many fries in the bowl and on your plate.Why are you trying to steal mine!" He raises his brow and shrugs off innocently which was cute.