Chapter 26-Another White Wolf?

Unknown POV

2 days ago

"I am sure the target we are getting is a White Wolf."The old man tries to persuade me. He says that he's an Alpha in which I scoffed at. Why would an Alpha who is suppose to be so powerful persuade someone like me who has no status in the werewolf world? That was what I had wondered since he first arrived here a few days ago.

"And how will I ever be of help for you?"I eye him up and down again. There's more to just getting this pack member. She, of course, must be someone important for a war to arise. I am a person who has been on a low profile for so long. Why would I risk exposing my identity just for him to get his pack member? What will I get in return then?

"Because I know you are a White Wolf too. With that little information, your life can be at risk. "He threatens me and I knew he was going to use me as his weapon."If I help you, what will I get in return?"I never help anybody in this lifetime so why bother helping a stranger whom I don't know?

"You will get to rule America's most powerful pack. How does that sound?"I never planned to become a leader so why now? It sounds like a good deal. Then, I will be able to avenge my mother. The people who killed her. The present generation of those heartless people who happen to be their ancestors."Fine, I will do it."He holds his hand out and I shake it. There's no turning back now.

Present Time

I lean against the wall with my hands folded. "Why don't we attack from the South of the territory since it is closer to the pack house and they will not expect us to attack head on from there?"A few people nod while others deep in thought.

"What if they expected us to come from there? Don't ever underestimate the Black Moon Pack."Inside, I agreed with that statement. Why would an Alpha so smart and strong who is leading the most powerful pack be so dumb? That sounds very unrealistic."I can station myself on the North side of the territory and I will try to disable the barrier to give them a miss direction. From there, the warriors from Southside can attack the pack house without much difficulty."

I see everyone has agreed with my suggestion. A bunch of idiots they are."Now, let's come up with a plan with how we are going to approach them."Soon, it all became a blur with them mentioning strategies in which I don't understand. I exit the meeting room and make my way outside. As I walk past a few people, they give me appalled glances and some filled with terror. I ignore them and walk to a quiet spot to train my powers.

My right palm comes in contact with the rough texture of the bark and it grows bigger and taller. My advanced hearing picks up the sound of rushing water. There is a lake nearby. I follow the faint sound of water rushing. The sight of a huge lake caught my eyes. I grin. Lastly, my water powers can come to use.

I lift my hand and the water rises simultaneously. I raise my hand higher and higher as the water continues to rise. I push the water back and it goes back. My hand draws a circle in the air and the water rises in the form of a circle. I slowly lower my hand and the water lands on the lake and remains stagnant as if untouched.

I hear the crack of a branch which made me turn around to face him. The Alpha that has asked for my help. "Amazing!" He claps his hands cheerfully as a proud dad would. He thinks I will never know that he is a scheming person who would do anything, beg anyone to get what he wants. Truly a disgusting man but he knows how to make a deal. That is the only reason why I agreed to 'help' him.

"It's time to eat. Let's go."He walks to the direction of the pack house. I leave a huge distance in between me and him. A comfortable distance in which I can still follow him. I walk slowly and soon enough, we are in the dining room. He waves over for me to come over and I do. I sit a few seats away from him thankfully.

I took my portion of food and started eating without looking up not even once, not wanting to make eye contact with unwelcoming gazes. I was familiar with that look while growing up.

Flashback

In the midst of chaos, I tried to find my mom. I looked left and right but she was nowhere to be found. As an 8-year-old kid, I didn't know where to go, whether to run to find her or stay here and wait until she comes. I saw unfamiliar faces and ran for my life, remembering what my mother had warned me.

"Honey, whenever you see someone you don't know, just run as fast as you can and I promise I will find you okay?"I followed what she said.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me without looking back. I soon found a place to hide and quickly hid from the bad guys. My eyes find the bad guys looking around to the direction they presume I ran to. I let out a silent breath of relief.

End Of Flashback

I realize that my plate was now empty so I stood up to take my leave. Once I place my dish in the sink, I walk out of the suffocating place. Sitting with a bunch of strangers while eating is the most uncomfortable feeling especially when you are a White Wolf.

All of you must be wondering how I became a White Wolf. Well, my mom was a White Wolf. She raised me as a single parent as my father left us when I wasn't even born due to unknown reasons. As a kid, everyone stayed away from me. They feared me because of the possibility that I might hurt them or even kill them. I still remember how every night, I would cry myself to sleep because I felt lonely. My childhood was never a memorable experience and the only person who made me feel happy was mom.

Mom died a few hundred years ago and yes I am three hundred and eight years old now. I managed to survive by constantly moving around every few days. As for food, I would go hunting of course but since a week ago, I have just been staying put in one place because I was tired of running. I wanted to settle in a home. Somewhere with a new identity, live a life that any human could and avenge for my mom who had an unjustified death.

I spend the rest of my day at the gym training. It's been too long since I got to train properly so this was a good opportunity to make use of the advantages I got. As preparation for the war, I push myself harder and harder to ensure that I was fit enough to fight the enemy.

After the intense and strenuous training, I retreat back to the room that I was provided as a special guest. They had prepared a guest bedroom which had almost everything in it-there is food, a tv, a bathroom, closet, and a queen size bed. The wallpapers were more towards the old fashioned side which gave me a hint in which this house hasn't been renovated in many many years. I hated being here already.

I only need to deal with this for a few more days and I'm out of here.