Chapter 25-Preparation For War

It's been two long peaceful weeks. Within this period of time, the preparation for an incoming war increased. Never once did my pack let their guard down. So far, my training has also gotten better with making lesser and lesser mistakes. The women in the house have been joining in the training whenever they could just for safety reasons.

Aiden becomes busier and busier as each day pass by. He leaves at the break of dawn and comes back in the wee hours of the night. I don't blame him because I know he wants what's best for our pack. These days, my powers have been getting stronger with long hours of practicing- alone in the woods. I didn't mind it because nobody really came by or even caught me using my powers.

I clear up the dishes in the kitchen sink before exiting the second pack house. As I was leaving the place, I saw two warriors walking side by side a girl who looks around my age. Unknowingly, I start walking towards them and stop the nearest warrior from walking. The warrior turns to me and greets me. "Hi Luna, how can I help you?" I nod at the both of them and they lift their heads.

"Why have you captured this girl?"I watch the girl intently. "She has been lingering at the outskirts of our boundary since last night and she might be a spy." The girl makes eye contact with me and I take a step back- shocked that I would meet her again. She rushes towards me and hugs me. The two warriors were about to take her away from me but I glared at them and they backed away.

"Faye, is that really you?" I nod into her shoulder. "What happened to you, Ashburn?" I am glad to meet my friend here. The second time I meet her and I rescue her yet again. What a coincidence. "Come,let's get you cleaned up and you can explain to me why you are here." She nods and I lead the way.

"The reason I am here is because something happened back at Red Crescent. The Alpha is preparing all the pack members for war." I gasped -when she means everyone, even the elders and the mothers. "Yes, that's true, everyone. He said he didn't want to waste his warriors to guard them so they have to fight along. The children will be the only ones staying at the safe house. And when I found out about the announcement, I quickly came running here, knowing that you would be here. The war is in exactly four days. You have to make sure everyone here knows what I tell you." I nod, knowing that I need to tell my mate to call for an emergency pack meeting.

While I was processing whatever Ashburn just said, the door opens. I make eye contact with my mate and he looks to my friend with a glare. "Who is she?" He coldly asks. "She's my friend." I grab her hand and lead her to a guest bedroom before going back to my bedroom. "Why is she here? I don't remember her as one of my pack members." He states a fact.

"She is from my old pack. A friend I know -someone who helped me through tough times. I trust her a lot." He relaxes a little. "She just can't come like that. If your friend wants to visit, give me an earlier notice."

"I understand. So what brings you here?" He pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear and traces my jaw. "I just wanted to see you. I missed you." He wraps his hand around me, pushing me closer to him. I rest my head on his chest. With just being in his arms, I felt all my worries disappear and I could be myself in front of him. It's been too long since we held each other. We have been too busy to have time. Time to spend with each other. Time to hold each other.

And then, someone had to interrupt that moment by knocking on the door. I so badly wanted to choke that person. He lets go of me and goes to the door. He opens it and grunts to the person. I can hear footsteps diminishing as quickly as possible. His lips curl to a smirk and I raise my eyebrow on him.

"Who was that?" I question him. "No one important." He approaches me and slides his arm around my waist. He presses kisses all over my face and I giggle. I wrap my arm around his neck and press a kiss on his temple. He shudders under my touch and groans. My lips form a smile. I rest my head on his shoulder.