Chapter 19: Searching for Sunset

Start from the beginning

Flam looked at his brother. He saw that his brother was unconscious. He gulped and handed the staff to. Filthy Rich.

"Thanks. Now, I must be leaving," said Filthy Rich. He took the staff and ran out of the store.

He threw the staff into the passenger seat as he climbed back into the car. He sped off, jerking Sunset against the trunk lid.

Back at Starlight's house, the gang had started to arrive. The cold night air made it so cold, they had to have to jackets on. They all set their bags down by the living room couch. They were almost all there, Twilight was a bit late.

"Okay, mom. I will make sure to have them drop me off before midnight, alright?" asked Twilight.

Her mother raised one eyebrow. She placed a hand on her hip saying, "I will not let it slide again if you're not home by then."

Twilight nodded, getting out her mother's car. She walked into Starlight's house where she was greeted by a succession of hello's.

Starlight came downstairs as the gang finished talking to Twilight. She took a deep breath. She found it hard to handle being in a large crowd of humans from time to time.

"Okay, everybody's here, right?" asked Starlight.

Pinkie looked around, jumping from one side of the room to the other. She bounced back to her original spot.

"Yup! Everyone's here!" shouted Pinkie.

Everyone laughed as Pinkie jumped up and landed in a silly position on the couch.

Starlight grabbed seven flashlights. She handed each girl their own flashlight, keeping one for herself.

"Okay, I have mapped out the quickest route to the farmhouse. If we take that route, we should be able to get to Sunset," said Starlight.

The gang nodded and turned on their flashlights.

Twilight looked at Starlight. She wanted to know why Diamond Tiara's eyes were red like Sunset's when she was hungry.

"Starlight, Diamond Tiara's eyes were red when she broke a student's arm. Why was that? She didn't look anything like you or Sunset." asked Twilight. The girls looked at Starlight, expecting an answer.

Starlight sighed. "The reason for that is simple. She is half vampire," replied Starlight.

The girls exchanged looks of shock and surprise. They couldn't believe what they just heard.

"Okay, more on that later. Now, we have to save Sunset," said Starlight.

Starlight led them to a van that was big enough for them all. She turned on the ignition, thankful that the van roared to life.

They drove down the dark forest road. The bumpy road sent a few of the girls flying across the van. Twilight held on to her flashlight with one, the other was gripping the van wall tightly. She never got carsick but this was a very bumpy and curvy road.

The van came to a screeching halt after two hours of bumpy riding. All the girls were flung onto each other. They all started laughing seeing how silly they must've looked.

After they got off each other, they all clamored out of the van. Looking at their surroundings, they saw the farmhouse. They noticed that it was indeed from the 17th century.

"Sunset's scent is strong. She has to be here," said Starlight.

She ran ahead of the girls, breaking down the locked door. She followed Sunset's scent to the room she had occupied earlier that day. She found no sign of Sunset, other than a hastily written letter.

"Girls!! Get in here!" shouted Starlight. She picked up the letter.

The girls ran in, seeing Starlight holding a letter. They saw no sign of Sunset.

"It seems Filthy Rich caught onto us. He's already moved. And I'll bet I know where." said Starlight.

She read the letter out loud.

'Twilight, meet us at the old chapel. I am sure your friend, Starlight, will know which one.

Filthy Rich'

The girls looked at Twilight.

"W-why does he want to me at a chapel? Especially one that you would know?" asked Twilight.

Starlight sighed. She knew the very chapel Filthy Rich was talking about.

"The chapel Filthy Rich mentioned is the one I had my first wedding at. It still stands, even now. I have no idea why he wants you there. But I'll bet he wants you alone." replied Starlight.

Twilight gulped. She didn't like the sound of being alone with him. He'd already proven he was more than capable of killing her. She looked at Starlight, her purple eyes filled with fear.

Seeing that, Starlight took Twilight's hand. She watched as the girls all placed their hands on Twilight's shoulder.

"Twilight, we will never let you go alone. We will have your back. Trust me." said Starlight, her persian eyes slowly turning red.

Starlight quickly looked down as her fangs extended. She needed to feed soon. She took a deep breath, meeting Twilight's gaze again.

"Someone take Twilight home. I have to feed before I can be close to her," said Starlight.

Applejack nodded.

"Just drop Twilight and me off at the end of your street. I have my family's pickup parked not too far from there," said Applejack.

Starlight nodded. The girls all piled into the van again. Twilight sat near the back, keeping as much distance between her and Starlight. She did her best to hold onto the van. But one bump was a bit rough and Twilight landed right next to Starlight.

She gulped as Starlight let out a low growl. She quickly got up and moved back to her original position. She hoped that the bumps didn't get worse.

They finally made it back to the smooth road. Twilight and Applejack got out and began to walk to her truck

"Well, that was quite an eventful night, eh Twi?" asked Applejack.

Twilight nodded. She shivered in the chilly night air. She could see her breath every time she exhaled. She kept walking alongside Applejack.

"Sorry, sugarcube. I guess you must be a bit nervous after seeing Starlight go a little hungry." continued Applejack.

Twilight looked at Applejack. She smiled. She was glad that she had a friend she could really talk to.

"Yeah. That was a bit nerve-wracking. I wonder how you guys are so calm." replied Twilight.

They spotted Applejack's truck. Twilight saw that the truck was faded orange. It also had dents in certain parts of the cab. She also noticed that seemed to be an older model of a truck. They got in, closing the doors. As Twilight buckled in, Applejack turned on the heat.

"Oh, that feels so good. Thanks, Applejack," said Twilight.

Applejack smiled and turned on the engine. She buckled up herself before stepping on the gas. It wasn't a long drive from Starlight's street to Twilight's house.

They pulled up, seeing Twilight's mother standing on the porch. Twilight looked at her watch. She saw the time was 10:34 pm. She was glad that she made it home before midnight.

"Well, you're home, safe and sound." Twilight got out and grabbed her stuff, "See you tomorrow, Twi?" asked Applejack.

Twilight nodded. She walked up to her mother and gave her a hug. She waved bye to Applejack as she drove home. She and her mother went inside.

"I really hope Starlight's plan works." thought Twilight before she closed the front door