Chapter 19: Searching for Sunset

Start from the beginning

Sunset was happy to hear that Diamond Tiara kept Twilight safe. She sat down next to her, placing her hand on Diamond Tiara's shoulder.

"If you want...I can show you how to control yourself," said Sunset.

Diamond Tiara smiled. She was glad that she listened to her mother. But a part of her worried that she and Sunset wouldn't get away from her father. Before she could say anything, Filthy Rich came in.

"Darling, please leave. Now," said Filthy Rich through gritted teeth.

Diamond Tiara did as she was told. She stole one last glance at Sunset. She hoped her mother was right about Sunset being able to escape.

Filthy Rich returned his attention to Sunset. His blue eyes were red with fury. He slammed the door behind as he entered the room.

"You let our location slip, didn't you? You gave them a clue, right?!" shouted Filthy Rich.

Sunset backed herself against the wall of the room. She knew she didn't have any strength to withstand any type of blow. She felt her canines extend as she spoke.

"No! I couldn't have done anything, let alone tell them my location" She growled as she slammed her fist against the bed, "I couldn't even send a single letter or anything to them." replied Sunset.

Filthy Rich stared at Sunset, seeing if she was lying. Her unwavering gaze told him she was being honest. Nevertheless, he still had to change locations. He grabbed the rope that previously bound her.

Yanking on the rope, he made sure the knot around her wrists was secure. Next, he tied her feet again, allowing her enough length to walk. He walked outside, checking for his daughter's presence. Upon not seeing or smelling her scent, he ushered Sunset out.

As Sunset was walked to the outside world, her skin burned slightly due to lack of blood nutrition. She blinked several times as her eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight. She saw that Filthy Rich was going to drive a very old Camaro car.

"Get into the trunk. I don't want to ask twice," demanded Filthy Rich.

Sunset, unable to fight, listened to Filthy Rich's demand. She sat in the trunk, positioning herself to fit. She flinched as the trunk lid slammed down on top of her. She fell asleep, not wanting to be awake for the bumpy car ride.

Filthy Rich left a note on the bed which Sunset slept in for a few days. He hoped that Starlight would find it. He then locked the door and got into his car. He drove off to a secluded, broken-down church, with one pit stop on the way.

Sunset was jolted awake when the car stopped after what seemed to be a few minutes. She could smell hoards of people walking past the trunk. She bit her lip as her fangs extended. She hadn't fed in over 24 hours and her body was craving blood

She heard Filthy Rich get out of the car, slamming his door shut. She groaned as the vibration ran through the car. She pushed herself further into the trunk. She didn't want to hurt anyone.

Filthy Rich walked into Flam and Flam's store. He pushed past customers, walking straight towards the staff. He saw Flam grab the staff before he could get it.

"Flam, over here!" shouted Flim.

Flam threw the staff at his brother. Filthy Rich ran over to Flim and tackled him.

"Give me that staff!!" shouted Filthy Rich.

Flim let a smirk slide onto his face. He threw the staff and Flam caught it. Filthy Rich growled and slammed Flim's head against the floor, knocking him out. He then ran after Flam. He jumped over the counter, cornering Flam.