Chapter Forty Three- like a baby

Start from the beginning

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

3:34am

And I haven't had an ounce of sleep.

  I've been tossing and turning about restlessly, taken over five glasses of milk, peed more than eight times, adjusted Louie's position into every possible way but yet I feel like there's something I'm missing. And I think I know what it is.

  I need to clear my head.

  To do that I'd need to talk to someone, but who?

  My parents will freak out if they figure out I'm living with Hunter.

  Megan and Meredith will think I'm crazy.

Mason is out of the picture.

Dylan is just too close to Hunter to discuss this with.

  That leaves only one option and I think I know who to call.

  I grab my phone and sit up on my bed before dialing the number.

  It took three rings before it was answered.

" Hello? Iris?"

" Mrs Phoebe I'm so sorry for disturbing you"

" It's okay hun, are you alright?" She yawned while saying that last part.

" I don't know. I can't sleep"

" I would have asked why you can't sleep but your voice tells me something is bothering you"

" Yes, and I want to let it is out so I can sleep" I sighed, finally getting a relief that I can catch some rest.

" alright. Go on"

  Then I told her everything.

And by everything, I mean every single thing. Including Hunter's secret.

I know it's wrong but I need someone who will give me rational and fair advice.

Mrs Phoebe loves Me, yes. But she also loves Hunter because he's like a nephew to her, so if anyone is to give me a positive advice on everything it should be her or Dylan but we all know why I won't involve him.

Plus I can actually trust his mom to not say a word.

" Wow. This is not what I was expecting" her first comment to my story.

I chewed on my fingers and waited for her to continue.

" What about you?"

Huh?

" What about me?"

" Iris there's a part you're leaving out, I can feel it. If you want total solution you have to give the entire problem"

  That was my theory when I started narrating the story but I felt it wasn't important to make mention.

" I really don't know how to put it" I complained cause it was true.

" Use English dear"

Gee.. thanks.

" Arrgh.. Mrs Phoebe!"

  She laughed and I found it comforting at least.

" Fine. These days Hunter and I don't talk anymore. He doesn't even look my way"

" Even at work?"

" Especially at work. Normally, I do have some kind of upper hand in his office. Now I'm just like everyone else"