Chapter 41: Back to Illyria

Start from the beginning

Dinner was still a bit awkward but he looked like a thorn was pulled out of his heart as I ate his first ever pasta dish he made for me. My brother's earlier assessment was correct however this was not that bad; in fact I could taste how much care Leone put into preparing the food and the feelings of determination and desire to protect in his dish.

While Leone volunteered to clear up the dishes, Kiel had me sit down the couch for a talk.

"Mia Sorella. I am leaving the Philippines for a while." he said suddenly, shocking me.

"W-What? Bu-But why? You just got back. " I asked him.

"Papa's brother just died and it seems like he had no heirs to pass on the family business. I am going back to Tuscany to sort out the familial matters since as it stands....I am the oldest male Larusso now."

"Oh..." He must have seen how sad my tone was for he raised and stroked my cheek as if to comfort me. "Fr-Fratello....Mi scuso per essere stato spregevole con te....I yelled at you when you only wanted to protect me. "

Trans: [ Br-Brother.....I apologize for being mean to you. ]

" I am fine.....It just makes me a little sensitive that you are becoming strong enough that you don't need my protection anymore." he smiled at me while ruffling my head fondly. "But no joke sorella, if he fucks up...Call me."

I laughed at his joke or...was it? He then told me he won't be here when I fly back to Illyria but he did promise to visit once the family matters in Tuscany has been resolved. I hugged him as he gathered me in his arms and kissed my head.

"Ti amo Rina. I will see you soon mi dolce." he whispered  and then he kissed my forehead on last time before he left the condo.

I touched the warm spot my brother kissed and blushed while smiling. Gone like the wind. But at least now, with my brother's approval. This means there is no one left to oppose my relationship with Leone.

"Is Kiel gone?" he asked me as I walked into the kitchen, he had taken off the apron and was putting ointment on his hands.

I sat near him and took over treating his wounds. He was such a bug guy and yet whenever I touch him; he seems to soften towards me as my small hands applied the medicine and bandaged him efficiently.

"Leone......Will you hear me out?" I asked him , he leaned closer to me and nodded.

"What is it?" he asked me as he held my hand and ran his thumb over my knuckles in a slow circle making my body respond to him as I felt a few sparks flow through me.

"I plan on continuing my studies in the future. Before becoming a nurse; I wanted to advance into medicine and become a doctor. I want to ask you now if that will hinder my duties to you as your fiance."

"No. As a duchess in her own right; you are of equal footing when it comes to me now and as long as we discuss how to go about your studies then I would gladly support you." he then put his forehead against mine, his body trembled and although he smells of garlic and spices due to cooking for us. His disheveled presence has never looked more attractive to me.

"Alright. Let's talk when you won't collapse from too much cooking then. Off to the bathroom and bed with you." I lightly stroked his jaw and he purred, seeking more of it.

"Will you join me in the shower and in my bed if I do?" he asked huskily, making me blush as he kissed my palm, his warm lips against my cool skin made me tremble until his tongue licked at my palm in a teasing manner.

"Naughty prince." I smiled at him as I ushered him into his room and into the bathroom. He was becoming like a big kid as he pouted and took a shower after my numerous coaxing.