021

warnings: none

t h i r d  p e r s o n

"hey dad?" camilla, daniel and corbyn's ten year old daughter, calls out.

"yes camilla?" daniel says as he turns around to look at the young brunette.

"you've never told me how you and dad fell in love. recently i've just really wanted to know and i don't know why," camilla explains.

"well it's okay to be curious isn't it," daniel laughs as he stands up, walking towards the girl.

"so, you want to know how me and your farther fell in love?" daniel asks as he sits next to the girl on their couch.

"yep," camilla replies popping the 'p'.

"well buckle your seatbelts because your in for a ride," daniel sighs with a breathy chuckle.

[ FOURTEEN YEARS AGO. ]

it's daniel's seventeenth birthday. a day that he wants to enjoy, but is unsure if he is going to or not.

that is, because it's on a school day. you may be wondering why that is so bad. but it's because daniel has a bully, called corbyn besson.

the blonde has been bullying daniel for the past five years of his life. never once has he gone a day without saying at least one foul word to the younger boy.

you see, daniel doesn't get how corbyn can have such hate towards him; because he has done absolutely nothing wrong. maybe it's just to make himself feel better? maybe it's because he just wants to make himself laugh by teasing somebody?

but why would he pick daniel? why him out of everyone in the school?

well, here is the reason. corbyn has had a crush on daniel for the whole five years he has been bullying him.

it's not just any crush though. he's been trying to get rid of it by bullying the boy, but it has just grown and grown with every action he has done and he has no idea why.

the only way that that would happen, the crush growing even if it's bad actions your pulling on the person, is if your soulmates.

no matter what you do to the person, you will always like them. and, until the day that you finally fall in love the crush will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

the feelings you feel towards the person will just keep getting stronger. the love towards the person, well, it'll just keep growing.

everyday, a random fact about your soulmate pops into your head. that fact never goes away. you never forget it. it sticks with you for the rest of your life.

so, corbyn is making it his priority to make daniel fall in love with him. today. he has a plan, so that he can at least try. and if all fails, he's just going to have to try again.

daniel walks into school, gripping tightly onto the straps of his backpack as he cautiously makes his way through the doors.

as corbyn notices the boy, he makes his way over to him. daniel though just keeps his head down, making sure to keep out of the way of people.

the blonde steps in front of the brunette, making the younger boy slowly look up knowing exactly who it is.

"don't say a word, seavey. just follow me and nothing will happen," corbyn says.

he grabs daniel's hand, leading him out of the school building and towards his car.

"c-corbyn where are w-"

"i said don't speak."

the two get in the older's car with no further words. they drive back to corbyn's apartment in complete silence.

after the two enter the blonde's apartment, corbyn locking the door behind them, the older drags daniel into his room and places him down on his bed.

corbyn stands up in front of daniel, avoiding eye contact at all times.

"i'm sorry," corbyn mumbles.

"you're what?" daniel asks, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"i'm sorry okay!" corbyn says, "you wanna know why i've been bullying you for the past five years?"

daniel just nods his head yes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"i like you, so much. i was trying to stop my feeling growing towards you and it didn't work. we're soulmates, daniel. i know so much about you because of the facts that just randomly pop up in my head.

i know that today is your birthday. i know that you have two brothers and a sister. i know that your dad has recently passed away. i know so much about you, and i've never asked you a single question about yourself.

i just didn't accept myself as gay, okay? i wanted to deny my feelings towards you. but now, i just can't. your fucking amazing. your beautiful, talented, intelligent. you practically have me wrapped around your finger.

i just want you. i want to show you how much i love you. i want to grow old with you, start a family with you. i just want to spend the rest of my life with you."

daniel stands up, cupping corbyn's cheeks in his hands and leaning in. just before their lips can meet he whispers, "i love you too, corbyn."

then, he connects their lips. all of corbyn's feelings spill into the kiss. he can finally show his love how much he means to him.

[ BACK TO PRESENT TIME. ]

"and that's how me and your farther fell in love."

corbyn walks into the room, placing a quick peck on camilla's cheek and then walking behind daniel. he wraps his arms around the brunette's neck, kissing his cheek too.

"what were you guys talking about?" he asks the two.

"dad just told me the story about when you fell in love," camilla smiles as she looks at her two dads.

"that is one heck of a story," corbyn chuckles.

"isn't it just," daniel smiles, turning his head sideways to look corbyn in the eyes and then pressing a kiss to his lips.

"i love you bub," corbyn whispers against daniel's lips after they pull away.

"i love you more baby," daniel replies.

"hey, what about me?" camilla laughs, making her parents both look at her.

"we love you too camilla," corbyn chuckles as the girl brings them all into a family hug.

[ a/n ]

my boyfriend is the cutest, he just sent me a whole paragraph about all the things that he loves about me.

-megan :')