008

warnings: mentions of self harm

concept: corbyn and daniel are married, and corbyn is at work. he comes home to find daniel in their room...

third person.

"daniel, my love. i'm home!" corbyn shouts as he enters his and his husbands house. usually daniel would come running up to him as soon as he gets home, but today that isn't the case. "daniel?" he repeats as he removes his coat from his body and hangs it up.

he places his briefcase down, running a hand through his messy hair as he continues walking through the house.

he checks the living room, kitchen, back yard, bathrooms, but daniel was to be found in none. the last place he checks is their bedroom, where he finds something he hoped he wouldn't ever have to see.

there sits daniel, sobbing uncontrollably on the floor, one of his arms all bloody, and a blade settled on the floor next to him.

corbyn's heart seems to stop for a second seeing his husband, his only love, in this awful state. for daniel's sake, he kneels down in front of the broken brunette and begins to speak.

"daniel baby, can i have the blade?" he says softly, holding out his hand in front of him. all he gets for an answer is another sob and a shake of daniel's head. "please my love, it's for your own safety."

this time daniel looks up at the faux blonde, slowly sliding the blade away from him for corbyn to take. "thank you," corbyn smiles faintly. he picks the blade up, walking into the bathroom connected to their room and grabbing a med kit.

he takes out the bandages and the items to clean up daniel's cuts, placing the blade high up for the time being, far too high for daniel to reach. he walks back into the bedroom with the things, again kneeling down in front of daniel.

"daniel, can you hold my hand please," he says, again holding out his hand. daniel looks up at corbyn once again, hesitantly placing his shaky hand in the blonde's and holding it tight.

corbyn carefully cleans daniel's cuts, making sure to not hurt the brunette too much, although daniel was just squeezing corbyn's hand tighter as he whimpers. "i'm sorry baby," corbyn whispers as he wraps daniel's arm in the bandages.

"are you going to tell me why you did this?" corbyn asks softly, referring to daniel's arm covered in deep cuts. "i'm n-not good enough cor-byn. i'm not g-good enough for y-ou," daniel sobs.

"dani, you are good enough. your kind, loving, beautiful, adorable, i could list so many more. please don't think that your not good enough for me baby, because your more then good enough for me. when i married you i signed up for everything that comes along with you. have it be your anger, sadness, anxiety, anything and everything i signed up for. i love you, daniel james besson, so so much."

daniel quickly engulfs corbyn in a tight hug, his sobs slowly fading away. he loosens his grip around corbyn's neck, pulling back slightly to look at the blonde. corbyn had pulled daniel onto his lap, his arms wrapped around the brunette's torso.

"thank you corbyn," daniel whispers. "for what baby?" daniel looks deeply into corbyn's eyes, "for putting up with me, and staying with me no matter what."

corbyn chuckles and pecks daniel's lips softly, letting it linger before pulling away. "it's just what i signed up for, daniel."

[ A/N ]

megan, reading your 14 days book makes me so soft. just thought i'd address that.

-tia xo