So we weren't gonna break back in or anything, but I thought the party's still gonna be fun nonetheless.

"Like the one with the big gate and shit?" Jeremy asked, fiddling with his controller.

"Yes the one with the big gate and shit!"

"Wait, where's Evan?" I asked. I knew this didn't feel complete. Gianna treated everyone, especially those in her group, like the closest friend she's ever had. Evan wasn't an exception. "She invited everyone on the group chat as far as I know."

Zoe answered me. "He doesn't really do video calls."

"Or any kind of call in general," Jared joked as he gained stares from the majority of us. "Hey, it's true!"

I shook my head. "We'll just tell him about the plans on there or fill him in if he decides to join."

"Nah, I'll just nag him and bug him about it." Jared waved his hand down. "I'll let him know, don't worry 'bout it."

"Shit, I wonder how he's able to deal with you." Connor crossed his arms while Zoe lightly scolded him with a small "Hey!"

From his expression, Jared seemed to be owning it proudly. Then he shrugged and the said, "I'm wondering the same thing, honestly." A light chuckle came from him afterward.

As the planning continued, we all contributed here and there. That itself didn't take very long, but going off onto different topics and messing around like we were still in kindergarten was something bound to happen. Inevitable even.

Well, only a couple of months seemed like a long time of not seeing each other. None of it was bad, though. And whether or not they considered it, finding each other was one of the best things that had happened this year.

It's nice that you get some normal and meaningful moments in a weird lifetime.

•••

TW- slight hints/subtle mentions of suicide

As long as it seemed, the touring of the campus went pretty quickly. Gianna's birthday was a short event even though it went until midnight. Late night talks with the group chat that would last for hours seemed to be over in a second.

Then came the night before I had to leave for the plane. All around, my room no longer comprised of the objects that lived around me through my years. The bed I was sitting on was the only thing left.

And as comfortable as it was, I would never be able to fall asleep. I tossed and turned, my heart rate speeding up at every thought of tomorrow.

Sleep, goddammit, sleep! I mentally yelled at myself. Nights like these were normal, and it might stay that way.

I sat up and leaned against my pillow. Even though I had to get used to sleeping without any doses, Melatonin was tempting.

I remembered we were all out.

"Fuck it." I muttered, throwing my legs off the side of my bed and standing up. I picked up the sweater Connor gave me and slid it over my shirt. After sliding on some shoes, I opened up my window with my earbuds, phone, and wallet in hand.