CHRISTMAS

(A/n:Take note that Ouji will be referred to as Chi-chan from now on since, well, he's a ten-year-old now.)

If a case appears today, I would kill whatever deity that made me live a second life.

I would rather stay here, cooped up in my room with hot chocolate and food but I knew Chi-chan and Yūjin would be too restless to stay inside. That was why I told Ran if we could all go to the amusement park. That way, I wouldn't worry if I get lost in the crowd.

Plus, we'll be able to spend a whole day together.

Chi-chan, Yūjin, and I waited for Ran and Conan at the entrance of Tropical Land. It might seem a bad idea at first since this was the place Shin apparently disappeared but Ran insisted that this was the place we should go to. "Shinobu-neechan!" I perked up when I heard Ran.

I grabbed Chi-chan's hand and gently lead him to where Ran and Conan were. Yūjin was sleeping on my head, though, so people stared at me all the while. I noticed the supposed cousins glaring at each other before I ignored them. I wasn't about to let them ruin the entire day.

"Shall we head inside?"

I tugged on Chi-chan's hand and gave Conan a hard look, both of which grumbled under their breath. Ran simply chuckled at their antics. "They're so cute." We began walking towards the line when Ran suddenly said my name. "Hey, Shinobu-neechan?"

"Yeah?"

"If you're taking care of Chi-chan, why not Conan-kun, too?" The three of us stiffened at her question. "W-Well, Chi-chan is, well, for some reason, he's incredibly attached to me. He was supposed to live with H— er, with you, too, but he didn't want to. I had no choice but to take him in."

Conan and I shared a nervous glance as we saw Ran's furrowed eyebrows. "Hm~ I see." Thankfully, she dropped the subject.

The ticketing lady was about to point out that pets were not allowed inside when she saw who was carrying the marmoset. There are times I'm glad with my reputation. I could get away with a few things because of it. "K-Kudo-san!" I simply smiled at her. "Three tickets please." And because my brother was so short, he was free of charge

My brother grumbled under his breath, mumbling about how he was not short. I rolled my eyes at him while Ran simply chuckled. I felt a tug on my arm. "What is it, Chi-chan?"

"... bathroom."

I felt my cheeks flush red for some reason. "Conan-kun and I will be waiting for you guys by the carousel, Shinobu-neechan." Sending my brother a look, he reluctantly nodded with a pout. He was thinking of following us in secret. He should really stop that before Ran connects the dots.

I let Chi-chan enter the men's bathroom as I waited for him a few feet away.

You know...

I never would have imagined for Chi-chan to be a part of that organization. What was more surprising that he had been shrunken as well just like my brother. I was prepared to face the consequences of being related to him. I was never prepared for dragging Chi-chan into it.

Maybe that was the reason why I don't have many friends. I was afraid of them getting involved in something they shouldn't. Yet, I accepted Chi-chan with open arms. I never realized the weight leaving my head when a hand grabbing my wrist snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yo, Shinobu."

I rolled my eyes at him. I remember this guy. He was that one guy Chi-chan scared off. I realized it pretty late but I finally realized that my best friend had been scaring off the guys who planned to confess to me.

Including this guy.

I easily removed his hand from my wrist, shaking off the disgusting feeling I had when he touched me. "Hello to you as well, Kei-san." He rolled his eyes and stepped forward towards me. "Where's that stupid Ouji-sama? Still high up in his throne?"

I felt my eye twitch when he mocked my friend. "I think those better describe you rather than Ouji-kun."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Ojou-sama is protecting her Ouji-sama, heh?"

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when he suddenly yelled in pain, attracting a lot of attention. "D-Dammit—!"

"G-Get away from Onee-chan!"

I blinked in surprise as Chi-chan tackle-hugged me. The crowd began whispering about how Kei-san was such a rude man. I even saw one of the people talking to the security and pointing at our direction.

Kei-san glowered at Chi-chan and me before leaving immediately, not wanting to get in trouble. I knelt down and resisted chuckling when Yūjin's tail brished past my cheek. "What was that about, Chi-chan?"

When he wrapped his arms around my neck and huskily whispered in my ear, I thought I was going to faint.

"Shino-chan's mine."

HOLY CHEESECAKES—

oooOooo

Author's Note

Eeeeee—

I hope you liked it!

It's pretty short tho.

P.s.

Shinobu's birthday is on January 23.

Ouji's birthday is this December 26.

Kotei's birthday is on October 5, which is a long way from now.