[1.0]

I was minding my own business when I noticed a piece of paper on the floor. It seemed unimportant to most people, right? That didn't mean that it wouldn't cause an accident. A person might step and slip on it, especially since our classroom has slippery floors. A person can hit his head and receive a concussion.

Yes, a piece of paper is dangerous when not noticed. Most people think that insignificant things, stuff can stay just that, insignificant. Unimportant but I'm pretty sure people will regret ignoring them when it finally caused damage or some kind of incident.

Like a pin innocently laying there. Of course, no one pays attention and ignores the little piece of thing and go on about their daily lives. Only when an unfortunate person steps on it do they pay attention to that little piece of pin. Only then do they remove the hazard and deem it hurtful.

There are a lot of things like the piece of paper and pin I mentioned earlier. A die or a piece of rock. Those things are simply trivial, simply a foolish thing to waste your attention to. Yet, those frivolous things can cause the butterfly effect. The smallest of thing can affect the biggest of event.

I watched as a person slips because of the paper I was staring at. I didn't bother warning him, he should have been paying attention to his surroundings. After all, sometimes, the smallest of things can be the biggest of happiness. A piece of chocolate from a father in abroad can be that little thing that can make you so happy.

"Oof!"

"Man, you gotta be blind not seeing that ."

"Thanks for the warning, dude."

"Anytime, pal."

His friend merely grinned at him, not even bothering to help him before moving on. The sarcasm was thick in their voice and I couldn't help but wonder why they seem to be fixated on using it. For a person like me, I don't understand what's the use of it.

My hand wrapped around a pen and my thoughts wandered off while twirling the pen in my hand. Insignificance. Is it really all that? Everything in the world is a mystery and there was one mystery that I cannot solve no matter how many research I do. The Afterlife.

There are various kinds of beliefs that different people believe in. And I, a person who somehow value the insignificant things in life, believes that the Afterlife is nirvana. We're free from all the pain and suffering, from all the dirty deeds in the world. It's a place where we can truly relax, a place of never ending comfortness.

And then, I didn't think too much on death as much as I did on the Afterlife. Death. It's such a scary thing that I usually avoid the topic. People who had only given up on life are the only ones who do not fear death. Who doesn't anyway? The horrors of never seeing your family ever again. The horrors of forgetting all the precious memories we had. All of it will cease to exist.

We would never be able to remember anything and the worst part, we're not even aware that we forgot so many important people. Life is harsh, life is unfair and no one can say that life chooses few to have better lives than ours. People suffer, young and old, girl and boy, rich and poor. Everyone does.

My mind didn't linger on that particular topic any longer when the bell rang, class already ended. I waited till everyone got out, I didn't want to squeeze myself out. It's not like I won't get out of this room if I left last. I picked up my stuff and went for the door, giving my teacher a brief nod of farewell as I did. He was exhausted, depressed, frustrated, completely... just exhausted.

He hid it well, no one even noticed if they don't look for it. By the way he was clutching his left breast pocket and with tear stained eyes, I would say he lost something, more specifically, someone. I respect him fully, he went to his job and performed normally. He didn't show any signs of depression while teaching.