[4.3]

P I N O T  N O I R  W I N E

Pinot Noir wines are pale in color, translucent and their flavors are very subtle. The grape itself is weak, suffering from a variety of diseases and its genetics make it highly susceptible to mutation. Despite the difficulty in growing the grape, prices for a bottle of Pinot Noir are generally more than a similar quality red wine. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SATURDAY

I heard someone knocking... from my window. Looking up from the book I was reading, a certain pygmy marmoset was perched on my window. I quickly opened it and let Yūjin in. "What are you doing here, Yūjin? Where's Ouji-kun?" He was gripping a paper and he handed it to me. Grabbing it, I read its contents.

— I'm sorry to bother you, Shino-chan but could you buy me some medicine? I caught a fever last night when I was having my walk and I forgot my coat. I'm really sorry for disturbing you.

                            Kobayashi Ouji —

I gave a deadpanned expression at the note and stared at Yūjin. "Why is our friend an idiot?" The marmoset shrugged his shoulders. I quickly changed my clothes with a pencil skirt and a black turtle neck shirt with the bracelet Ouji-kun gave me a year ago for my birthday. I also wore the Bow Camera and the watch before leaving my room. When I went downstairs, I saw Ran and Shinichi playing a board game and if I'm correct, my little brother... is losing.

I chuckled at the sight of his frustrated expression. It seems like he's not very good with kiddie board games. "Shin, Ran, I'll be going out." Ran looked up from her board game and smiled at me. "Be careful, Shinobu-neechan. There was news last night about some group of robbers being on the loose." I gratefully thanked the little girl and ruffled her hair. "Where are you going, Nee-chan?" Shin curiously asked. "Just out. When I don't come back by dinner, go to Hakase, alright?"

The two said their goodbyes as I left with Yūjin on my shoulder. Wait, didn't they see him? Huh, maybe Yūjin had hidden himself behind me. My walk to the pharmacy was quiet. This reminds me of the time I went to the bank in my previous life. It was also around this time — around four o'clock — that I went to withdraw from the bank. There... had also been a group of robbers or was it bandits, on the loose. Huh, isn't this a creepy coincidence? Aha haha, b-but I'm going to a pharmacy, not a bank.

I told Yūjin to stay outside while I buy Ouji-kun's medicine. I noticed that there were a lot of people here today. There were about five looking for medicine on the shelves while there were three by the counter. Frowning, I felt that something was wrong. I walked towards the section where the medicines for fever were displayed and as I approached the shelf, I stepped on something. I looked down and saw... tiny, broken glass pieces.

I felt my heart pounding against my ribs. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to this pharmacy. I have a bad feeling about this. I reached for the medicine when I heard the door open. Instinctively, my head turned around to see who it was that entered.

BU-BUMP

Oh my cheesecake, what... what is he doing here? "We meet again, Kudo Shinobu-chan." Even though his hairstyle, hair color and skin tone changed, I could recognize him anywhere. Especially whenever I feel these random bumps if he's near. I took a step back when he approached me and stopped at arm's length. "Who... who are you?" He smiled angelically and yet, at the same time, it was sinister.

He took a lock of my hair and my breath hitched to a stop when I heard a gunshot. Startled, I held onto this guy when those people — that group of bandits Ran had just said about earlier — ordered us sit down in front of the counter where they could see everyone. Of course, I knew this was real and this time, the enemy is armed. I've never been in this kind of situation before, especially not in my past life. I was frozen still and and I hid behind this guy when they pointed the gun at us.