[6.0]

"... he's late."

One of my classmates walked me here (my so-called chaperone that Ouji-kun probably threatened) where Kaitou Kid told me to meet up with him. It was already five and classes ended about two hours ago. I know for a fact that he doesn't have any extracurricular activities after school.

So... where could Kaito-chan be?

I was on one side of Teimuzu River, the so-called ribbon that separated B(eika)eautiful and E(koda)nchanting. He could have come up with a better riddle but I suppose he must have been in a hurry when he wrote that letter.

A flurry of smoke on the other side snapped me out of my thoughts. I felt myself smirk in amusement as a figure clad in white appeared in disappearance of the pink smoke. Always the flashy entrance, I see.

"I apologize if I made you wait, my meitantei-san." He winked at me, a dove coming from his sleeve and flying towards where I was. The bird handed me a white rose and proceeded to nestle on top of my head. It cooed several times before quieting.

...

"When did you become such a flirt, Kaitou Kid?" I quirked an amused eyebrow. For the few years I haven't visited him, Kaito-chan seemed to have gotten worse. First, a pervert. Then, a flirt. Where does he keep getting those traits?

The Phantom Thief chuckled at my question, sheepishly scratching his cheek. "C'mon, Shinobu-neechan, I'm trying to act cool here but you're ignoring my coolness!" I rolled my eyes, unamused at his antics. He pouted at my reaction. He probably wasn't expecting it.

"Eh? Didn't I say that Kaitou Kid was way more cooler than you will ever be, Kaito-chan?"

His face erupted into varying shades of red that made me chuckle. "You were playing with me! You knew who the previous Kaitou Kid was!" Kaito-chan childishly pouted and crossed his arms across his chest. Seriously, he's still a kid deep inside even though he's already a teen.

"To be fair, I wasn't playing with you. I was kind of teasing Ojii-san back then." I blinked when he turned to the side and ignored me. Did he... Did he just... Did he just really do that to me? "Aw, c'mon, Kaito-chan, that was years ago."

But he still ignored me.

Two can play this game.

I faked a sigh of defeat, my shoulders sagging in dismay and I turned around as if to leave. "Fine. Kaito-chan doesn't like me anymore, is that it? I'm leaving now, th—" I was caught off guard when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, the little dove on my head flying away.

Hot breath tickled my nape and I had to suppress a shiver from crawling all over my body. Cheesecakes, I'm ticklish there, Kaito! "Don't~ Stay with me for a little while~ I missed Shinobu-neechan~" I resisted laughing as he kept burying his face on my neck.

"I still like Shinobu-neechan!"

For some reason, I blushed at those words. "H-Hey, Kaito-chan, let go." I vaguely noticed a few people walking towards us, probably to see what was going on. "No~ you'll just leave~"

"Kaito-chan! I'm serious!"

...

"IS THAT KAITOU KID?!"

"AND KUDO SHINOBU?!"

"KYAAAAAH!"

"GET A PICTURE! QUICK! QUICK!"

"MY SHIP IS SAILING!!"

"KAISHIN FOREVER!"

Whaaaaaaa—?