[1.1]

The Kudo Family expected a young boy to be their first child because... well, Yukaku's genes are dominant. They already prepared the necesseties for a baby boy even before they went for a check up for extra caution. So, when they received the news that they were having a baby girl, it threw them off completely.

They couldn't get rid of the stuff they already bought. Sure, they're rich because of their occupation but they also have their limits. They bought. A lot. Yukiko was not deterred by this fact and Yusaku supported his wife all the way. They won't let something small like that hinder them.

When their newborn child—Shinobu Kudo— was born, they were ecstatic despite the disappointment of not having a baby boy. A life is a life and there is nothing more precious than the life given to people. Yusaku and Yukiko had a rough start, considering that Shinobu is their first child. Shinobu. They picked that name because they somehow felt that she will experience a lot when growing up.

Endure is the meaning of her name.

Shinobu had her mother's appearance and because of this, Yukiko teases her husband about how their baby girl will attract a lot of suitors in the future. Yusaku deemed it to be not a threat. If she was anything like her mother or him, Shinobu will be too busy, too oblivious or doesn't care at all.

When Shinobu reached one year old, they were getting worried. She wasn't acting like most babies. She's too quiet, too reserved for a one year old. Yusaku noticed that sometimes, it was like Shinobu was a young adult. Yet, that's impossible. However, they weren't going to fuss over it like headless chickens.

They will observe. They will analyze. They will conclude. Shinobu is still a child, that much is certain. A few months later, Yukiko was yet again pregnant. When Shinobu heard this, her eyes twinkled in delight and both parents were befuddled when she hugged her mother out of the blue.

She said with the most childish voice and most excited, "I g'nna haf  shivling?" Yukiko, with unrestrained squeal, picked up her daughter and swang her around in joy. She said her first words! Words and not just word! All worry and anxiety vanished that day, Yusaku noted.

He guesses Shinobu was just an odd child and there was nothing wrong with that. She was their precious daughter and they were her parents. Yusaku and Yukiko loves their daughter very, very much.

A few months passed and there was another thing Yusaku noticed about his daughter. She picked up things faster than the average child. She picked up crawling, walking and running in one go. Her reading though, took her a bit of time since she gets very confused with Kanji. Still, she was talented. Not long after, Yukiko became aware of her child's performances.

This, however, made Shinobu hyper aware of her actions. Whenever her family goes to town, she sees that she doesn't act like those of her peers. Still, she ignored this in exchange for giving her still unborn sibling all her attention. When the newborn boy—Shinichi Kudo— was born, everything escalated.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Five years old Shinichi and Six years old Shinobu walked hand-in-hand alongside their father. He brought them along when a case happened near where they are and their mother was visiting one of her friends. While observing the murder scene, Shinobu was looking at everything, unaware of her own action while doing so.

A piece of torn fabric caught her eye. It was small and red in color, blending in with the pool of blood. If she wasn't looking for something, she might have missed that little detail. Shinobu frowned, why was there a torn fabric over there? She didn't understand.

Unbeknownst to her, Yusaku caught her gaze and wondered what his daughter was looking at. He followed the direction of her gaze and saw that it was directed towards the blood around the corpse. Was she disgu— wait. His eyes caught sight of the fabric. Was that what she was looking at?

He approached the corpse, and using a tweezers he has in his pocket, picked up the fabric. It was small, and the fabric was absorbant. Wait, if he remembered correctly, among the three suspects, only one of them was wearing an absorbant shirt. Suddenly, everything clicked together.

His mind wandered off to his daughter for a brief moment. How had she noticed something so minor, especially from afar? He mentally chuckled, his daughter was a detective in the making. If she keeps this up, no criminal will be able to hide their trace from his daughter if she noticed even a small piece of fabric camouflaged in blood.

Yusaku opened the door to this case and unraveled the mystery behind the death of Tokichi Osamu-san. The final piece of evidence, however, was the piece of fabric he held in his tweezers. "And if you still have complaint about my deductions, I am sure the police will analyze this and trace it back to what kind of shirt it was made for."

The criminal—Matsumoto Shigeo— fell to his knees and his reasons about his murder flew out of his mouth. As the police took Shigeo away, Yusaku ruffled the hair of his daughter, who looked up at him in confusion. "If I didn't notice you looking at the blood, I would've never noticed that piece of evidence."

Yusaku smiled when Shinobu beamed at his praise. Meanwhile, Shinichi was looking at his sister in admiration. She was his role model, along with their father. Shinichi loves his sister very much despite their obvious difference in intelligence. There was nothing that can make him hate his sister. None at all.

"Insignificant things can be important, ne, Onee-sama?"

.

.

A few days later, Yusaku noted that something had changed in his daughter. If she was reserved before, then she's more reserved now. If she was oblivious then, then she's aware now. Something has changed and yet, Yusaku accepted his daughter all the same.

Kudo Shinobu is their precious little daughter.