L

"Can I ask you a question?" Taehyung nodded and threw his head back, gulping down water from the bottle he was drinking from. "You want to be happy, right?"

Taehyung furrowed his brows and put the bottle down. "I think I know where this is going."

"Singing makes you happy, it's not that hard to see. Take what happened just now, for example. When you were singing, it was like you were the only splash of colour in a black and white universe. You were like a fireplace in the middle of a winter storm," you said.

"Wow, we love a poet," Taehyung deadpanned.

"I'm serious, Tae. You change in the best way possible, and I would love if you could stay in that moment for the rest of your life. Because you are honestly such a sweet and kind person that only deserves the best. I know you said it's not always easy getting into a singing career. And I get that you don't want to risk anything but you'll never know if you don't try. Maybe you'll become the next Justin Bieber or something, or maybe you'll just float along the stream that is life. You need to take some leaps in life though."

"(Y/n)," Taehyung began. "You do realize I don't need to become a singer in order to be happy, right? I can always sing during my spare time."

"Yes, that's true. But I think it's important to have a job you know you'll be happy doing. You know that you like singing, but do you know if you'll enjoy doing business work? What happens if you don't and get stuck with that job for the rest of your life?" you questioned.

"I appreciate that you're thinking about me, but don't you think you should be worrying about yourself first?" Taehyung replied. "You never talk about what you plan to do once you get out of the hospital. It's always about my future, and that worries me. I know what I want to do, so let's make sure you do now."

You smiled sadly. "Okay, I'm sorry for always pestering you."

Taehyung smiled and moved closer to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder to bring you into a side hug. You wrapped your arms around his waist, stuffing your face into him and sighing. Taehyung pulled away slightly and tapped your nose.

"Don't worry about me. I'm gonna be the happiest man alive one day, I promise," Taehyung assured. He winked before bringing you back into a hug, laying his head atop yours. "So please don't be too selfless. Think about yourself, (Y/n)."

"Of course," you whispered.

But you couldn't stop, you needed to make sure Taehyung would be happy in the future.

"God, both you and Hyerin. Always trying to tell me I should sing. You two are the ones in the hospital and yet you both are always worrying about me. Let's get you two figured out before jumping onto my case," Taehyung laughed.

Because you wouldn't always be there to make sure he was.