E

You were sitting on your bed contemplating the meaning of life when you heard a knock at your door. Glancing to the source of the sound, you saw Taehyung peeking his head in the room, cheek squished against the door frame and a smile on his face.

"Hey Taehyung, what's up?" you greeted, beckoning him over.

Taehyung skipped over and sat himself down on the edge of the mattress. "My mom came over to see Hyerin with me and they're still talking, so I decided to come visit you."

"You don't want to stay with them?" you asked, tilting your head slightly.

"They've been talking for ten minutes about what's been happening at home, so nothing interesting. I'd rather be here than listening to my mom complain about our house needing a cleaning," Taehyung replied.

"It probably won't be any better with me," you said.

"Try me. Just ask anything."

"Well...how's school been? You're going for business, right?" you asked.

Taehyung nodded. "It's okay. Last week I got a bunch of work but it's been pretty good so far. I'm guessing Hyerin talked about the business part, right? She's not very happy with me about it."

"She told me you're a good singer and she's upset you didn't follow that path." You paused and licked her lips nervously, staring down at your lap. "C-Could I hear you sing one day?"

When you didn't get a response you glanced back up at Taehyung, worrying that you had overstepped some boundaries. The male was looking at you with a thoughtful expression.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"

"Sure."

You furrowed your brows. "Pardon me?"

"I'll sing for you someday. I'd love to do it today but it's kinda sudden so I probably wouldn't be any good. But I'll come another day when my voice is in good condition," Taehyung said.

Your tense body relaxed as a wave of relief crashed over you. "Thank you, I was starting to think maybe I wasn't in any position to ask that from you."

"Oh, sorry. I just wasn't expecting it and was wondering whether I could sing right now or not. I could but you wouldn't be hearing my best so I'd rather wait a bit, if that's alright with you," Taehyung replied, smiling sheepishly.

"Tae-Tae is gonna sing for you!?"

Hyerin ran into your room and tackled her brother to the bed, knocking him onto his back and straddling him. She squealed before punching his chest as Taehyung tried to grab her wrists to stop the attacks.

"I will eventually but not today," Taehyung laughed.

"No," Hyerin groaned. "Just do it now, she deserves to hear your angelic voice."

"Weird way to compliment your brother, but okay," Taehyung commented.

"Don't try to divert the attention! Sing!" Hyerin demanded.

After watching Taehyung's fruitless attempts at stopping Hyerin's fists, you decided to step in and save the boy. "Hyerin, I want to hear Taehyung sing when he feels his best. If he wants to wait another day I'm totally okay with it. Now get off of him so you two will stop cutting off the circulation to my legs."

Hyerin froze and her eyes widened comically before she jumped off her brother and grabbed his arms roughly, tugging him off your legs and onto the floor. Before you even had time to breathe, Hyerin was ripping your bed sheets off of you and staring at your legs. The brunette gasped and pointed at a large bruise on your shin before turning to Taehyung-who was sitting on the ground-and smacking him upside the head.

"Taehyung, your back is so freakin' bony you almost broke (Y/n)'s leg!" Hyerin exclaimed.

Taehyung got to his feet and flicked his sister's forehead. "No it isn't, you big drama queen." His eyes locked into the bruise and his jaw practically hit the floor. "Oh lord, don't tell me that was from us."

"It-"

"Are you dumb? Who else was crushing her ten seconds ago? And what do you mean by 'us', because I know for a fact you aren't blaming me when this was clearly your fault," Hyerin growled.

"Guys, it-"

"Obviously this was your fault. I was sitting on the bed-harmlessly, might I add-and then next thing you know, this freakin' hippo comes along and pins me down on top of (Y/n)'s poor legs. You pushed me onto her legs, therefore it's your fault," Taehyung argued.

"Will someone-"

"Maybe if you were a bit more cushiony this wouldn't have happened. It's like you're-"

"Yo!"

The two siblings looked at you, surprised by your outburst.

"Can I talk now?" you asked. The two nodded so you decided to continue. "Thank you. Now as I've been trying to say, the bruise isn't from you two. I walked into my dresser last night and hit my shin off it. So stop blaming each other for this."

Taehyung and Hyerin remained silent for a moment longer before glaring at each other.

"See!? I told you my back isn't bony. Now apologize!"

"Me apologize!? You literally called me a hippo, insinuating that I'm fat! How do you ever plan on getting a girlfriend by talking like that to a lady?"

"You? A lady? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!"

"Dear God, please save me from these two."