Chapter 14 :" Dear Princess"

Dedicated to everyone who wanted to know Sanskar POV .

Dear Princess,

             When you asked me if I adopted you because of your mother , I was hurt and shocked .As it never crossed my mind that you might feel that way .   And when you asked me if I felt guilty because of my uncle actions towards you , I realized that I need to let you know how I felt when I first met you.

                     When your mother first told me that she had a daguhter who died, i felt her pain and loss and when she found out  you were alive , I was happy for her . I knew how much she suffered thinking you were dead and I loved her enough to realize that you being alive would mean the world to her . But it never crossed my mind at the point that you will become a part of my life as well because i was still a stranger to your mother ,Princess. We happen to marry because of circumstances not love.

              Then she showed me your picture and all I saw was how you looked like her . It had been the first moment ,you became real to me . The little girl clutching the worn out doll tucked my heart and i really want to find you and bring you back to your mother . Even then, i never thought about us ,Princess .As it never crossed my mind. 

               I kept visiting all the Orphanages around in search of you, all i knew had been that you were growing up in one and since i had no other source that your picture, i visited all the Orphanages in person and looking at all the kids made me wonder about you, not all places were good as your Orphanage, some of them were too shabby that several kids were cramped in an small room 

                It was meeting this kids that made me wonder about you, if you were living in a good place or if you were cramped in a small room.  And at that point of time, all i could do for those kids were monetary , i tried to give as much as i can to all those orphanages i visited because i cared about the kids, but with you i wanted to do more .

              At the moment I didn't think I wasn't together with your mom , all I knew was when we brought you home you would not lack of anything . So I built you,  your  very own room .   As I carefully picked each item for your new room , I hoped to see your smile when you stepped into it . When the room finally began to shape into yours ,I was slowly accepting beginning to think about meeting you, being part of your life. 

        Even then I didn't realize how much I would come to love you as my daughter , each day I would search for a nearby orphanage , each time i left home disappointed with the fact i was unable to find you . Two weeks had passed and yet I wasnt able to find you , the thought I might not be able to had began to take root in my brain and I began to worry .

            Yes I was worried about your mom but I was worried about you as well , just like a father who waits ten months to hold his child , I waited for over two weeks to get the chance to meet you and  each passing day felt like a month .  All those searching and wondering about you, made me think about you all the time and anticipate the first time we will meet

            I couldn't give up , not until I found you and two and half weeks have been gone by then , it was only then I shared about you with Laksh uncle who told me about his father charitable donation to your orphanage .

            That's when I knew , the years you were estranged from your mom was because of my uncle greed , you asked me if I pitied you  princess,  what I felt for my uncle at the revelation was fury and anger at him, if he had been alive I would have probably taken it out on him .