Chapter 1:" Hidden Secrets "

10 Years Later

Lavanya Sanskar Maheshwari opened her eyes and felt a smile curve at her lips to realize it the weekend until she remembered her scheduled visit to the Orphanage and the smile left her face as she wondered for the umpteenth time if she was making a mistake .

When she tiptoed out of her room after getting ready ,she had hoped to avoid meeting her family because if she looked at them ,she may very well change her mind . Unfortunately her luck failed her as she stumbled upon her father who was drinking his cup of coffee in the living room .

" Good Morning dad " She greeted her father and bend down to kiss his cheek as she did everyday for the last ten years , she loved her father so much and she hoped that her actions will not end up hurting them .

" Good Morning Princess , are you going somewhere ?" her father asked once she sat beside him , and she never lied to her parents . She was supposed to be the good girl that her parents would always be proud of .

" To meet with Gauri dad ,and she wants to give some of her old dresses to the orphanage so we may visit the orphanage as well " Lavanya answered back ,it was true Gauri her best friend had promised to bring few of her old clothes but that wasn't the only reason for the visit .

" Do you want me to drop you off at the orphanage Princess " her father asked yet another reason she loved him ,he would do anything for her .

" No dad , Arnav bhai and Kavya are coming with us . We are planning to take Arjun uncle car" She answered back and saw the surprise in her father face that she already had planned the day out without telling him anything about it last night . She had hoped to avoid this conversation hence held on to the silence last night .

" Is my daughter growing up that she no longer wants her dad company " he teased her but Lavanya already guilt ridden heart felt terrible at his words that her father face grew serious when he noticed her unhappiness .

" Princess ,I am just teasing you . Go on and have fun with others . And I need to take Yuv to the practice later " her father answered back and she let herself smile for his benefit .

Since she didn't want to face her mom as well ,she sneaked out without talking to her hoping her father would explain about her whereabouts as she took her cycle and drove to her best friends house . She already saw Arjun uncle car parked outside her best friend house which meant everyone had gathered just like she asked them .

Once she walked inside Gauri house , she felt misgiving about her plan, she didn't want to drag them into her problems and she decided to do it all by herself instead .

" Change of plans ,i am going alone " She spoke once the four of them got into the car .

" We are already here and why would we not come with you " Kavya , her cousin spoke up but Lavanya didn't want to drag them in to her problems .

" If my parents found out ,it will hurt them and I don't want them to know you were helping me either " Lavanya answered back .

" Then why do it Sis " Arnav bhai spoke up ,he was her cousin and one of the most loyal person in her family and she knew he must have had reservation about her plan and wondered why he was helping her.

" She is doing it because of Swara aunty , I already told you everything " Kavya ,his sister answered her brother with a puff of annoyance .

" But you can talk with your parents Lavanya ,instead of going behind their back . Ask them what they know about your birth parents and why they were worried that when you find out about them ,you will hate them " this time it had been Gauri ,her best friend who spoke up leaving Lavanya confused about her actions .