Chapter 11 :" Three Magical Words"

Four days later .        

                Lavanya knew it was unfair for Yuv to be left out of the camping trip but she needed the time alone with her dad , it has been four days since she realized her fears were un found .She needed to speak to with her father to make him understand her reactions and possibly hear his side as well . Yuv had been disappointed when she first told him but had been convinced later when lavanya promised him that they will go on the next trip together.

                 Lavanya knew her mom decided to spend the night at her parents house with Yuv  when  they went camping. And it went a long way to convince Yuv because he missed their grandparents as well. Since her dad had to go to court, he told Lavanya that he would pick her up from her grandparents house .  

               Inspite of being nervous about the trip, Lavanya found herself relaxing in her grandparents house. She knew her grandfather married her grandmother after she was born but sometime when she looked at them, she believed that they know each other all their life . Her grandmother used to tell her the story about their marriage ,whenever she visited as a kid, she knew her grandmom had been sick for a long time and met grandpapa through it because he used to be her doctor.  

          They got married a bit later , and Lavanya remembered that when she was first adopted, she spent her first few weeks in this house. She still didnt know why her parents werent together back then but realized that it may not have been her fault. And right now , her priority remained bridging the distance between her father not finding more questions, none of her questions mattered anymore because her biggest fear that her father was coerced into adopting her were untrue. And it all that matters to her .

        " How is my favourite granddaughter " her grandfather  asked  her as he sat beside her, it brought her out of her thoughts enough to smile at him in turn.

             " I am your only Grand daughter " she answered back as she usually did every single time, in spite of that her granddad never changed his way of greeting her over the years. 

       "  I heard from your grandma that Sanskar  isn't speaking to you " he spoke up few minutes later and Lavanya winced at his directness though she had expected it from him, he had never hesitated to speak his mind 

      " It my fault, I reacted badly Grandpa , I wish I didn't hurt him like that " She  spoke up feeling guilty all of a sudden that her actions hurt her dad, but she felt her grandfather hands rest on her shoulders in a show of support. 

          " No matter what you did ,  How can he not forgive my favorite granddaughter " he answered back making her smile at the affection behind his words .

         " He will Grandpa , hopefully soon" Lavnaya answered back with conviction because she will not contemplate any other outcome .

         " Do you know why you are  my favorite granddaughter , not because you are my only one but because on the day you came Into  our  lives,  I not only got a granddaughter but a daughter as well " her granddad  spoke up and Lavanya attention was diverted back to him .

         " Your mother didn't need a father figure when I married your grandmother  , but I needed a daughter and it was you who bridged the gap between us Lavanya. Your mother decided to give me a chance to be her father, only because she seen your relationship with your father. It was Sanskar and You who made her believe that not every relation need to be defined by blood  . Both of you  were the reason she finally accepted me as her father