Chapter 10 :" Just His Princess"

Lavanya Sanskar Maheshwari  knew her parents were famous lawyers,  but since they were never  speak of their success at home and she had never been to a court to as they believed she was too young to be exposed to violent nature of the crimes ,she at times forgot that her father presence commands a certain admiration from others and sometime the opposite of the admiration in the form of jealousy or envy.

               Her father spark of anger didn't help matters at first, the inspector seem to have held a grudge towards them and he refused to listen to reason. If he did he would know he had no grounds to hold her in the station any longer . But when someone choose to misuse their power  because of their personal emotions then it cause unfairness in the justice system , just like now where the Police inspector seemed to be in no mood to listen to reason and held on firm in his decision made out of envy.

" Are you suggesting Gauri helped my daughter by standing before her and kept her hidden from the CCTV cameras in the shop , then if they both thought and planned that well in advance how did they get caught ,because you just said they walked towards the exit and had to be detained by the security guards when the alarm went on, why didnt they think of the alarm if they had time to plan to locate the CCTV cameras  ?" he asked when the inspector indicated Gauri who in her concern to help her rushed to her side but inadvertently had blocked the view of CCTV camera in that shop. 

Lavanya felt bad for Gauri who was stuck in the police station, unlike her father who rushed in the moment the police called, Gauri father dismissed her and said he had no daughter only one son . The custody battle that ensured between her parents when Gauri was ten left her father disowning her pretty much as his hatred for his Ex wife reached beyond limits. So the inspector had called Gauri mom next and Lavanya hated that Gauri was dragged into it because of her.

" It isnt new for friends to plan and steal together.  They may have forgot about the alarms, you should ask them and you should have thought them not to steal instead of claiming they are innocent when i have evidence that suggest other wise" the inspector spoke up ,arrogant in his conviction that lavanya initial fear turned into anger 

" Is that so. Did i not tell you stealing is wrong" another voice entered the station at the moment and Lavanya turned around to see Adarsh Singhania standing beside Gauri. Who looked upto see her step dad with a weak smile.

The inspector might have misused his power when faced with her father and assumed he had it in control , but he very well couldn't do so when faced with Gauri step dad, who was Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) . The moment he realized Adarsh Singhania was Gauri step dad he turned white as sheet. And realized the error in his judgement.

" If you had enough evidence to indict them,why havent you done so ?" Adarsh Uncle asked and Lavanya saw the inspector stammer because in truth he had no reason to keep them in the station over the simple misunderstanding when even the shop owners realized the error and didnt file any complaint but someone had already called the police hence her predicament  

" Is it because the moment you file the FIR, you knew Sanskar would shred you into pieces in court, not just you the entire police force will look like a fool because of your arrogance.  It was a honest mistake even the shop employees admitted Lavanaya looked distraught when she knocked into the counter. Instead of asking the employees or investigating it further you brought two young girls and kept them in station for over a hour ." Adarsh uncle spoke up and Lavanya knew the battles was over the moment the inspector began apologizing to her father