Prologue :" A Princess "

She stood in her room hidden from everyone sight as she saw her only remaining  friend get in an car and leave her forever , Riya had been a year younger than her and today she got adopted by a nice family . She knew it was wrong to feel sad when her friend found new parents for herself yet she can't help but wonder why no one wanted her .

                       She cried herself to sleep that night , because everyone else get to have a new parents except her. She was happy for her friend but still the tears won't stop  because no one wanted her ,maybe it was because she hadnt been a good girl like the rest of them and it made her feel worse she began to fear no one will want her .

               She was 6 years old according Latha warden who took care of all the kids and she learnt from Savithri dida who runs the orphanage that she was a little baby when she first come to live with them unlike Rohith who was four years old when he came to live with them because his parents died  .

                She didn't know what happened to her parents. She didn't like that they died leaving her alone, she looked at the empty bed beside her and wondered if Riya would have a room of her own ,her friend told her that her new parents promised to give her a new room .

            She loved Savitri dida and everyone in the orphanage including the crying baby that was brought in last week , the baby never stops crying and since the baby was in her room she never could get to sleep either and she didn't hate the baby for crying because today she couldn't stop crying either .

             As she lay in the bed that night her , she wished for someone to adopt her . She promised herself that she will remain a good daughter to them and will never cry and keep them awake at night just like the baby . 

                         ****************

                  The next day she got up from bed and helped the younger ones get ready for breakfast , then the little kids would be taken to the big room where savithri dida will teach them the Alphabet and Number just like she taught her. 

                  She wanted to go to school like the older kids in the orphanage ,and  savithri dida told her she will get to go from this year which meant she was alone in her room when she saw the arrival of new car . 

                   Several people visit the orphanage, some come to play with the kids ,some come to meet savithri dida in her room and only few people will come to adopt them ,she knew it yet when she saw the person who got down from the car ,she hoped he was here to adopt her .

                It wasn't his shining red car that got her attention, it was his smile when he greeted the older kids who were playing outside and when he stopped for a moment to play with them and even handed over few chocolate bars to them before heading towards dida office , and she knew those who came to adopt will have their wife with them . Yet she kept looking at him hoping he would like her enough to adopt her .

                  And she kept looking at the car waiting for his return. When Latha warden rushed into take the crying baby ,that was when she knew for sure that he was here to adopt them. She waited for her to bring her as well but she didn't take her with the baby .

             " Can I come too ?" She asked with a hint of nervousness and when latha warden shook her head ,she was too disappointed to even voice her protest. She remembered that when she was little Savithri dida would show her to those who came to adopt but recently she was always left alone in her room when anyone visits ,she didn't know if it was because she had been a bad girl or if no one really wanted her .