Deal: Chapter 13

“DEAL”

Chapter 13

Xiao Tian’s first birthday party was underway. Held at the ancestral house of the Xi Men clan, it was grand as grand can be. Xi Men’s mother really went all out and made the event a grand celebration. Even the clothes Xiao Tian wore screamed thousands of yuan. Xiao You tried to object about it but she lost against the Xi Mens. As she looked at his son, she had to agree that he was quite dapper in his mini blue suit which matched Xi Men and his father.

Han, Yan and Xiao Tian. These are the three generations of the Xi Men clan. That’s how the host of the party introduced them when it started. The guests applauded as they made their grand entrance. The two older men made rounds to introduce Xiao Tian to the guests. For now, the birthday boy was behaving well.

Back at their own table, Xiao You was seated along with her parents, Xi Men’s mother, and their close friends Shan Cai, Dao Ming Si, Hua Ze Lei, Mei Zuo, Li Zhen and Qing He.

Xi Men who was carrying Xiao Tian joined them, sitting between his mother and Xiao You.

“I think Xiao Tian needs to rest now.” Xiao You said as he took from Xi Men the little boy.
“Ah yes. He was starting to fuss on the last table we went to.” Xi Men agreed.
“Congratulations Auntie Lin! The party’s a success!” Mei Zuo directed at Xi Men’s mother.
She nodded in appreciation. “Thank you Mei Zuo.” She smiled. “Now, when are you going to settle down?” She asked.
Mei Zuo chuckled. “I don’t know. I was really set to be a dashing and super rich bachelor.” He glanced at Xi Men who was playing with his son.
“I heard that.” Xi Men retorted.

Everyone on their table laughed.

“I wish Ah Si and Shan Cai would have a child of their own so Xiao Tian can have a playmate already.” Xi Men remarked.

Xiao You smacked Xi Men on his forearm. When he looked at his friends they were very quiet.

“Did I say something bad?” He asked.
“No, it’s fine.” Dao Ming Si replied awkwardly.
“Actually,” Shan Cai spoke and turned to her husband, “I have an announcement too.” Her eyes were glistening.
Dao Ming Si understood what she meant and touched her belly. “Are you…?”
Shan Cai flashed a huge smile, nodding. “Yes, we are!”
“Care to share?” Lei asked.
The married couple stood up, faced their table companions, beaming, blurted out together, “WE’RE PREGNANT AT LAST!”
Their friends rejoiced and clapped for them.
“Wow! This is a double celebration!” Mei Zuo proclaimed.
“Indeed!” Qing He agreed.
“Well, let’s all raise our glasses to congratulate Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai.” It was Lei who led the toast.
Everyone followed suit after him. “Cheers!”
“CHEERS!”

Later, the party was reaching its end. Most of the guests have left already. Xiao You had already changed Xiao Tian’s suit with something casual and comfortable. She had to leave the group and put Xiao Tian to sleep since he was fussing already. Shan Cai assisted her as they made their way to an empty guest room that Xi Men’s mother had prepared for them. She insisted that they stayed for the night.

“Hey!” Xiao You whispered. Xiao Tian was in the middle of the bed sleeping soundly. “Congratulations.” She patted Shan Cai’s hand.
“Thanks.” Shan Cai smiled.
“So how far along are you?”
“Almost three months.”
Xiao You pouted her lips. “Ah! You’ve been withholding it from me.”
“Sorry. I just wanted to be sure before I said anything.”
“I’m really happy that you and Dao Ming Si are finally having a baby of your own.” Xiao You said.
“Me too.”
“How do you feel? Any morning sickness?”
“None. Should I have one?” Shan Cai frowned.
Xiao You shook her head. “Not really. It’s all different for us.”
“Okay.” She breathed a sigh of relief.
“Have you told your parents?”
“Not yet. Tomorrow we will tell them all.”
“I bet Zhuang-jiejie will the one who’s most excited to know.”
“Yeah! She has been demanding for years that we give her a niece or a nephew to spoil already.” Shan Cai shared.
“Hey Shan Cai. What would you like for a baby? A boy or a girl?” Xiao You inquired.
“Well, I want a girl of course.”
“Ah, I was hoping you’d say a boy so Xiao Tian can have a playmate already.”
Shan Cai laughed. “I really don’t care what the sex of our baby will be. As long as he or she is healthy.”
“True.”
“How about you Xiao You? Have you made any decisions already?” Shan Cai asked.
“Oh.”
“What’s that ‘oh’ for?”
“I still need more time.”
“But earlier Xi Men’s father has already hinted to the guests that you’re Xi Men’s fiancee.”
Xiao You sighed. “I know. I was there too. I heard his subtle announcement about us.”
“Don’t tell me you’re still confused about your feelings for Xi Men?”
“I’m not confused anymore.” Xiao You clarified. “More like scared.”
“Scared?” Shan Cai repeated.
“Scared that he really doesn’t love me the same way I love him.”
“You’re still uncertain of his feelings for you?”
Xiao You nodded.
“Mei Zuo told us he hasn’t dated anyone in the past year. And before he found out about you and Xiao Tian he was seeing less and less women.”
“It’s like what you said to me before. He’s dangerous.”
“That was a very long time ago. I said that because he was still living in debauchery. But Xi Men has really changed for good now.”
“Since when did you become Xi Men’s number one supporter?”
“Since I overheard him confide to Dao Ming Si that he doesn’t know what to do anymore how to prove his love to you.” Shan Cai revealed.
“Eh? When was that?”
“About four months ago I think.”
Xiao You looked serious at Shan Cai. “Do you really believe that Xi Men sincerely loves me and that he’s not gonna hurt me?”
“Yes. I bet my unborn child on it.”
“Heaven forbid!”
“Okay, okay. But yes I do believe Xi Men truly loves you.”