Deal: Chapter 5

“DEAL”

Chapter 5

Author’s Note: From Chapter 5 to 8 the narrative has changed from third person to first person, Xi Men’s point of view. I accidentally wrote it this way and I’m too lazy to change everything.

After Mei Zuo's meltdown, I invited him the following day to visit my son Xiao Tian. Maybe if he saw him he will understand and maybe, just maybe, agree that it was all worth it. I already called Xiao You that Mei Zuo and I were coming after our work to visit Xiao Tian and she granted our request.

I fetched Mei Zuo from his workplace later. It was almost dinner time when we went to Xiao You's place. I decided to buy take out food so we can all eat dinner over there.

She welcomed us inside her apartment which was cleaner this time. Xiao Tian was awake and seemed to be in a good mood. I asked Xiao You if I could carry him and she allowed me. She put him in my arms which felt, to be honest, as natural as breathing for me. I thought he would threw a tantrum but to my surprise he seemed to know I was his father and gave me the sweetest smile. I let Mei Zuo have a turn carrying his godson - of course all my best friends are my son's godfathers - and he was a little hesitant at first. But just like his father, Xiao Tian adored his Uncle Mei Zuo and enjoyed being carried by him. This caused Mei Zuo to cry; happy tears he claimed. Then he gave Xiao You and I his blessing to get married.

Speaking of marriage, that was still an unsettled matter between us. I don't understand why she was so adamant to refuse my marriage proposal. Our union would be to her greatest advantage than mine. She'd be living comfortably and won't need to worry about taking care of our son since I'll be by her side and I can hire a stay-at-home nanny for Xiao Tian. She has the option to be a stay-at-home mother or be a working mom. Whichever Xiao You chooses I will support her decision. Lastly, she gets to have me. I mean, c'mon! Seriously, I'm the man of her dreams for years. She gets to kiss me and touch me not just once a year but all throughout the year. As for me, I wouldn't mind it. I love this woman for years now and I was very foolish to think we can just stay friends with benefits. There's no other woman for me but her. So I'd do anything in my power to make her say yes to me.

Mei Zuo and I left around quarter past nine when Xiao Tian finally fell asleep. I didn't want my son's mother to be sleep deprived. We will continue our marriage discussion another time. The important thing is I got Mei Zuo back on my side.

Inside my car we talked about Xiao Tian. Look who's smitten with my baby boy? Ah, my son got my charms after all. No one can resist that Xi Men charm. Then he asked me something which honestly I haven't considered yet at all.

"How do you plan to tell your parents about your son?”
"Honestly, I haven't thought about that yet." I admitted.
"Didn't they meet Xiao You already?”
I nodded. "On my twenty-first birthday party."
"And what were their impression of her?” Mei Zuo asked.
I shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't know. Xiao You and I were just friends at that time."
"The sooner you tell them about Xiao Tian the better." He advised.
"I know. I'll arrange for a meeting with my parents sometime this week."
I dropped Mei Zuo at his place afterwards.

Now that I knew about my son and so does all of my closest friends, we often visit altogether or separately Xiao You and Xiao Tian. Upon my insistence, I hired a stay-at-home helper for Xiao You. She didn't want anybody else taking care of Xiao Tian so I justified that by hiring a helper, she can be unburdened of cleaning the house. Also, I insisted she just continue on with her stock market investment. I haven't brought up the topic of marriage again. I just want to prove to her through my actions that my feelings for her were sincere. As for my parents, my talk with them didn't go as I had hoped it would be.

© Franzz P. Follow on Instagram @onceinalifetimearc2018
Date written: December 17, 2018