Deal: Chapter 25

“DEAL”

Chapter 25

It was around three in the afternoon already when both lovers rose up. The grumbling of their stomachs finally woke them from their blissful slumber. Xi Men called the line on their kitchen and ordered food to be brought to his room. They cuddled as they waited for their food to arrive.

Xiao You played with his fingers. “I’m so happy right now.” She blurted.
“Me too.” He murmured.
“Did you say we’re going to celebrate with F4 and Shan Cai?” She asked.
“Ah yes, tonight.” He replied.
“Can we postpone that tomorrow?”
“Why?”
“I’m really sore and tired. I just wanna stay in bed.” She explained.
“Yeah, me too.”
“Besides, your parents and Xiao Tian aren’t here too. Let’s do a one big celebration with our families and friends tomorrow.”
“Okay. I’ll message them right now.” Xi Men sent a message to his friends plus Shan Cai and to his parents. “Done.”

There was a knock on the door. Xi Men put on his night robe and answered the door. Two servants entered the room and placed the food on a small table by the corner. Then they left.

Xiao You had donned the night robe that he lent to her. She joined Xi Men as they happily partake their meal.

“That was delicious.” Xiao You exclaimed.
“Our in-house chef is the best. Mother specifically hired him.” He said.
“I wish I could stay here forever and just eat whatever food he makes.”
“Then stay.” He suggested. “I did ask you last night to move in here.”
“I think that’s a good idea.” She said.
Xi Men’s smile was wide. “I’m glad you’ve changed your mind.”
“Hey! I’m only moving in because of the food, not because of you.” She kidded.
“Doesn’t matter. Now I can really kiss you anytime I want.” He posed as if about to kiss her.
“OMG Xi Men! Is that all you can think of?!”
“It’s all YOU can make me think of.” He corrected her.
“You’re hopeless.” She shook her head, smiling.

Since Xiao You needed to change into fresh clothes, they went back to her apartment and by his insistence that she stay the night over at his house, she brought a pair of pajamas and extra pair of clothing for the following day.

Back at Xi Men’s house, they spent the rest of the day like two unmarried honeymooners. They filled their bellies with yet again another delicious food prepared by the family’s in-house chef. They drunk wine and watched an old and classic comedy film. And later in the night they made each other feel so good once more.

The next day, Xiao You woke first. She bathed and changed. She checked if Xi Men was already awake but he was still soundly asleep. Since she felt a little hungry, she decided to head to the kitchen.

And that’s where Xi Men found her hours later. She was chatting so animatedly with their in-house chef.
"Xiao You."
Xiao You turned around. "Oh hey! You're finally awake."
"Young Master Yan." The chef greeted Xi Men.
"Chef Zhi Shu." He greeted back. "What are you two doing?"
"Miss Jiang came to talk to me regarding tomorrow's celebration." He replied. "Please accept my felicitations on your recent engagement."
"Thank you." Xi Men bowed his head a little. To her, "Why do you always make me search for you all over the house?"
"I'm sorry. I was hungry and came to get something to eat then Chef Zhi Shu and I got talking and I lost tracked of time." She related to him.
"It's okay. Next time please leave a note."
She nodded. "You want something to eat? Chef Zhi Shu prepared a delicious breakfast."
"Yes. I am hungry." He took a seat next to her. "For actual food." He whispered to her.
She giggled.
Chef Zhi Shu excused himself while a maid set the meal for Xi Men.

By the time they left the kitchen, there was a commotion at the foyer. Xi Men's parents and their son has arrived from their trip in Shenzhen.

"Welcome back." Xi Men greeted them. "How was the trip?"
Xiao You picked up Xiao Tian and showered him with kisses. "Hey you! Mommy missed you a lot."
"Fun." His father replied. "Xiao Tian enjoyed it a lot."
Soo Lin added, "Your father and I hoped to return there soon with you and Xiao You. And maybe bring your parents too." She directed at Xiao You.
"Well, that's not a bad idea. We haven't done a family vacation since..." He didn't finish what he was going to say.
"Aiyoo! It's alright son. Your mother and I had a long talk whilst there." Xi Men Han glanced at Soo Lin. "Right?"
Soo Lin nodded in agreement. "For Xiao Tian's sake."
"Thank you." Xiao You bowed her head.
"That's nice because while you were away something happened." Xi Men said. "Xiao You and I got engaged." He was beaming as he told both his parents.
"CONGRATULATIONS." Chorused Xi Men Han and Soo Lin. They had a group hug.

Xi Men thought what a great picture this moment was. He had forgotten what it was like to be a complete and happy family. Xiao You and Xiao Tian really brought them all together. It was a miracle. Xiao You was truly the key into his dark soul. She is his sunshine. Hope, joy and love burst forth from her touching his cold heart and even the broken and wounded hearts of his parents. He couldn't help but gave her a light kiss on the head.

They moved on to the living room where they talked about the trip in Shenzhen and the celebration that night. After lunch, Xi Men drove Xiao You and Xiao Tian back at her place so she can collect more of their clothes. They've all agreed it was best that she and Xiao Tian moved in to the Xi Men house immediately. She already wrote a notice to vacate to her landlord. Then later that week she'll have to pack up all her stuffs.

Before going back Xi Men's place she called again her parents to confirm their attendance in tonight's simple get together to celebrate their engagement.

© Franzz P. Follow on Instagram @onceinalifetimearc2018
Date written: December 28, 2018
NOTE: Let’s go back to normal and be wholesome once again. Nothing special in this chapter. Chef Zhi Shu is named after Jiang Zhi Shu from the Taiwanese drama It Started With A Kiss. I’m bad at names because I don’t know Chinese and it’s easy to recall actual people names as well character names.