Deal: Chapter 20

“DEAL”

Chapter 20

Operation XiYou Phase Two

By the time Xi Men and Xiao You returned to downtown Shanghai it was almost seven in the evening already. On their way back, there was a slight traffic jam on the highway.

According to their “son’s instructions” their next location was at the fancy restaurant where Xi Men brought Xiao You for a shock treatment.

The two weren’t particularly happy to find out that that’s where they were going next.

For Xiao You, it brought bad memories for her. Does it mean ‘our feelings are so true’? She was so naive then.

For Xi Men, it brought embarrassing memories for him. No. That’s my room number. Xi Men Yan, you can be such an ass.

Together, they rode the elevator in silence. The restaurant was located on the 18th floor.

Without even giving their names, the waiter welcomed them and brought them to the very same table they were seated last time.

“I’m sorry about this.” Xi Men said once they were seated. “I’m gonna have a talk with Mei Zuo and Lei tomorrow.”
“It’s okay. We’re already here. Nothing we can do. Let’s just get through dinner and to the next location.” Xiao You said.

Appetizer? Good.

Main course? Delicious.

Dessert? Both didn’t feel so good.

The waiter arrived. “Excuse me Miss-”
“Oh don’t say ‘You’re Most Beautiful Tonight.’” Xiao You interrupted their waiter.
The waiter had a blank expression on his face.
“I’m sorry.” Xi Men apologized. “Just leave the dessert on the table.” He instructed.
The waiter did so and left.
“Well, are you opening it or not?” Xi Men asked.

Xiao You looked apprehensive. She touched the lid cover and slowly lifted it up. A soft chuckle escaped her lips.

Xi Men looked curious too and leaned in. Xiao You completely took the lid cover and placed it on the side of the table.

Instead of the numbers ‘1573’ written it was Xiao Tian’s photo.

Xi Men chuckled too.
“Idiots.” He murmured, shaking his head.
“Who?” Xiao You looked at him.
“Mei Zuo and Lei.” He replied.

Xi Men still doesn’t like sweet things so he insisted that Xiao You ate all the dessert. He watched as she finished off the pudding.

Xi Men was feeling relaxed that the evening was going smoothly. There was still no message alert as to where they would be going next.

“I think I’ll head home after this.” Xiao You announced.
“Eh?”
“I enjoyed this so-called ‘a walk to remember’ but I’m pretty tired and I wanna go home.” She said.
“Oh, okay. I’ll take you home then.” Xi Men offered.

They were standing up when their phones beep. What they read drained the color off their faces.

Rooftop.

Seriously. I’m gonna kill Mei Zuo and Lei. Xi Men annoyingly thought.

“We don’t have to go.” Xi Men stated at once to Xiao You.
“No.” She faced him. “Let’s go.” She said very firmly.
“Xiao You?”
“We’re told to go there and we might as well go there.” She said. “Also, I think it’s about time we settle what needs to be settled between the two of us. We’ve stalled it for quite a long time now.”
Xi Men was left speechless. So he just nodded.