Deal: Chapter 30

"DEAL"

Chapter 30

Act One: I, Dong Shan Cai

Have you ever wondered what will happen to you in the future? At least the 18-year old me never thought something like this would happen in real life. My name is Dong Shan Cai. I'm just an ordinary 18-year old girl. ...

I, Dong Shan Cai, am ready. I'm going to work hard at Ming De University and start this new chapter in my life. ...

Who would have thought? This person in front of me stirred up my peaceful life, gave me the courage to overcome so many obstacles, and let me step closer and closer to him until today. ...

Seven years ago, I was a young woman with ambition of succeeding and expanding my mother's catering business. I was full of hopes and dreams. I only wanted to live a peaceful life surrounded by my family and friends.

But all my plans were messed up because of a broken phone. It got messed up by an arrogant, green shoe-wearing, pineapple head. The big jerk who made my first year at Ming De University very miserable.

However, this I can say now: my encounter with him was a blessing. We used to hate each other's guts but now we deeply love each other. We can't imagine what our lives would be without the other. No matter how many times people attempted to separate and pull us apart we always find our way back to each other. Because we belong with each other.

My name is Dong Shan Cai, happily married to Dao Ming Si. (Yes, Dao Ming Si.) I've graduated Ming De University with honors and has succeeded in my family's Dong Squid business. I've also continued the catering business my mother used to do.

I'm proud of what I've become and my accomplishments to this day. But what I'm most happy about and proud of is the gift of life. Dao Ming Si and I were having problems conceiving and so when I finally found out that I was pregnant my joy couldn't be contained. And you know what's even more exciting? To not just have one baby but two. Yes, twins!

It wasn't an easy pregnancy though. At first I didn't know I was carrying twins but I was worried how I gained weight all of a sudden. Then in one of my check ups the doctor informed me about it. I kept it a secret for a while hoping I'd surprise my husband. Instead, I was the one who got surprised when he told me he had to leave for London for a few months since his work required him to be there. I was so upset that I had to leave the engagement party of my best friend Xiao You to Xi Men.

Dao Ming Si and I managed to solve our problems. I finally told him the reason I was mad at him. He promised he'd try to be there when the time comes for me to give birth. And he didn't break his promise. Thanks of course to Zhuang-jie who put sense into his younger brother and took over for him the negotiation deal. He arrived just in time to witness the birth of our twin boys. They stayed in the hospital's NICU for a few weeks until the doctor was sure that they could survive without the assistance of the incubator. I'm so relieved that they're both normal and healthy.

Twins. Boys. I'm so outnumbered. We've decided to name them Dao Ming Zhen and Dao Ming Di. They're like miniature versions of their father. And guess who adore them so much? My mother-in-law! Yes! Dao Ming Feng returned from her vacation trip in the Middle East to welcome the new addition to the Dao Ming clan.

More good news came. Zhuang-jie called and shared with us that the hotel merger negotiation deal was a triumphant success! Then she told Dao Ming Si that for now she would take care of business. "Just stay put in Shanghai. You take of Shan Cai and your babies and I'll take care of the business." We owe her so much. And we can't wait for her to visit us in Shanghai. I know she's gonna spoil like crazy her new nephews.