Chapter 7

Stiles's POV

My eyes widen with the contact of Derek's lips to mine. I try to stop him, but I know I can't.

Why am I over analyzing it?

It's just a stupid dare we got Scott's sister to come up with.

Right?

I sigh as Derek pulls away from the kiss.

"What? Are my kissing skills not up to your standards?" He asks, his voice slightly joking.

I shake my head. "No, it's not that..."

"Ohhh. It's the fact that you didn't think I would actually do it, isn't it?" Derek smirks as he takes a sip of soda, his lips a tad bruised from our kiss.

I blush and nod. "Yeah. Exactly."

Derek playfully hits my shoulder. "Dude, it's a dare, and unless you want to feel the wrath of a girl, I suggest we actually listen." He laughs and goes back to where he was sitting, prior to the kiss, and winks in Bree's direction. Such a typical guy.

"Wow. Now that was A+ entertainment boys." Bree says, satisfied.

"Alright alright I'm hanging up. This gets told to no one. Do you hear me Breeyna McCall?" I look at her through the phone.

She holds up her hands defensively as she smirks. "This won't leave my lips. I never kiss and tell." She winks as she hangs up.

"Well she's cute..." Derek says absentmindedly, taking a chip and chomping on it.

"Yeah, most guys-"

Derek cuts me off by holding up one of his fingers. "But not as cute as you, Stilinski."

"Excuse me?" Is all I can say.

Derek leans forward towards me again, his face inches from mine. His eyes quickly flicker form my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes again. "You heard me. I may have the memory of only knowing you for a few days, but I can see it in your eyes that there has always been something deeper than acquaintances between us."

I quickly shake my head. "Oh, god, no. That's not it at all-"

I'm cut off by the pressure of Derek's lips on mine. Again. But this time, I can feel, taste the desperation on his lips as they press against mine, his hands grasping my chin as mine play dead at my sides. I close my eyes and give in, let him feel my desperation, the longing.

Oh how long I've been waiting for this to happen.

It has happened before, but only in my dreams.

I sigh as we deepen the kiss, his tongue sliding up against my teeth, an invitation. W open our mouths as we kiss, letting our tongues flick against one another, like puppies playing with each other. I hear a moan of pleasure escape from Derek's mouth, and I feel heat rush to my cheeks.

Was that moan because of me?

Do I turn him on that much?

Derek pulls away, allowing the two of us to catch our breath,

"Why did you..?" I ask, still attempting to catch my breath.

"Because...I like you Stiles. Every time I look at you I get chest pains, and I sure as hell know it's not heartburn. I don't know how I treated you before, but right now, in this moment, I'm going to treat you good. Because I know as damn well as I should, that I like you, with every fiber of my being, teenager or not." He says, his green eyes piercing mine, and I know truth rings in his words.

I'm speechless at his words. I don't know what to say, so I just get up and go back to kitchen to get us more soda and chips. I feel Derek following me.

Derek speaks up, confirming my thoughts that he was following me. "Hey, are you just going to ignore me? I poured my heart out to you, which by your reaction I don't usually do, and now you're just going to ignore me?"

I set the bowl of chips down, hard, on the countertop. I turn around. "I'm not ignoring, Derek, so don't get that thought in your head. I just don't know how to respond to the boy I've liked since third grade telling me he likes me after kissing me, twice. Ok?"

Now it's Derek's turn to be the silent one. "You've liked me...since...third grade?" He finally asks.

I nod. "Yeah...I told Scott it was Lydia, but she always ignored me, and I knew he would make fun of me for it if I said I liked you. I also didn't tell my dad either because he would probably think I'm a freak because I like guys...not girls, and he's the only family I have left."

Derek takes a step forward and a deep breath. "Stiles, It's OK. If they truly love you, you being gay shouldn't matter to them. They should still love you for how you are, whether you like boys, girls, or hell, both. You're still the funny, cute and quirky Stiles Stilinski you were when your mother gave birth to you. And as long as you don't ever change for someone, they will always be there, supporting you and standing beside you. And I'll be alongside them."

I feel tears prick my eyes as I rush up to Derek and kiss him quickly. "Goddamn, when you're confident, that's super hot."

Derek laughs. "Anything else you would like to do to me?"

I laugh as well and blush. I'm about to turn back and do what I came into the kitchen to do when Derek grabs me, puts me on the table, as kisses me hard, all in one swoop.