Chapter 2

Stiles' POV

Once at  my house, I leave a speechless Derek in the car as I shrug and quickly get out of the Jeep, already done with dealing with him.

"Stiles! Wait!" I hear Derek call from behind me. I shake my head again and rush up the steps, unlocking the door and leaving it open for Derek who comes barreling in behind me.

I swiftly turn around. "What?" I say sharply.

Derek is taken a bit back from this, his young features taking on hurt, a face I've seen the current him make a lot more than I care to admit.

"I just wanted to thank you. You guys spent a lot of your time looking for me, when you guys should be doing teenage things and I should be learning to take care of things myself. I'm sorry."

Derek's words hit me straight in the heart. "D-don't apologize, Derek. We wanted to look for you. You're our friend. Trust me, you'll remember."

A small smile traces his features. "Well I can't really say you're mine, I really don't know you." Derek awkwardly scratches his head, looking for something to change the subject. "Where's your family?" Looks like he found something.

"My dads' out for the week on a out of town Sheriff training to re-establish his badge." I shrug. "Since it's Friday, he should be back by Monday." I add.

"And your mom?" Derek asks, looking around, inspecting the house in which I live in.

"Well....she won't be coming home. Ever." I manage to get out, the wound starting to reopen about my mom.

"Divorce?" Derek turns and looks at me.

"Dead."

Derek's' eyes widen, his mouth opening and forming and O. "Oh my god, Stiles, I didn't-"

"It's fine. Most people don't. It was a long time ago. Don't go worrying yourself about it. Want some dinner? We can order a few pizzas and just chill while we wait for a call from Scott." I shrug.

Derek half-nods. "Yeah, that would be nice. For some reason, I'm starving, like I haven't eaten in years."

"Probably because de-aging probably ate at you." I snicker at my joke, and Derek scoffs, rolling his eyes, a major motion he usually does when he's current Derek, usually when I open my mouth.

"Sorry you had to stay here, by the way. I know you hate being around me." I change the subject, grabbing the pizza places' number and the money dad had left for me, counting how much was left.

Derek shrugs as he sits at the kitchen table. "It's whatever. I wanted to get out the veterinarians' place anyway. Anyplace is better than there. And current me may hate being around you, but I guess so far you haven't pissed me off that much." Sarcasm floods his words as he smirks at me.

"This is going to be a long weekend." I sigh, dialing the pizza place number. I ended up just ordering two large cheese pizzas and my favorite, curly fries. I put down the phone and count out the amount the man named Joe told me it was going to be.

Derek leans back in the chair, closing his eyes. "Let me know when the pizza gets here, freckle-face."

I glare at his relaxed face, a pang hitting my heart, causing me to wince. 

What is with my heart all of a sudden?

 Am I going to die of a heart attack? 

Or is is something else?

I shake my head to clear the thoughts away quickly. "No, dumbass, we have to go get it. I am not paying extra for the delivery man's gas when I can just get it myself. And don't call me freckle-face."

Derek opens his eyes and looks at me like I have two heads. "With the tires you have on it now? We''ll die for sure. Freckle-Face." I know he adds the annoying nickname just to try and tick me off.

"You're a werewolf, you'll survive." 

Let's just say his tactic is working.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes and runs a hands through his hair. "When do we have to leave?"

"About 10 minutes. It's only just right up the street anyway." I shrug. "I'm going to go change. Do you want something to wear as well?"

Derek stands and nods. "Only if you wouldn't mind, that is. I seem to not have any clothing that would fit my body as it is now, but I might be able to fit into something of yours." Derek follows me upstairs to my room, which is a mess, to say the least. Papers are strewn everywhere, maps and directions from here to New Mexico covering my closed laptops' face and my desk, my chair toppled over on its side.

"What happened here?" Derek asks, taking it all in.

"Mad sex party." I grin, looking Derek straight in the eye.

He scoffs. "Yeah right. My werewolf senses tell me you're a virgin. But I think my human ones could've told me that just by the looks of you." Now it's Derek's turn to laugh.

I don't say anything but turn towards my closet to hide my smile. I have to admit, that was a good comeback. I haven't had a humor joke like that with someone in a while. Not since Scott and I went looking for Laura Hales' body actually. 

Man, that was so long ago. 

I pick out a few shirts and throw them to Derek. "Here. Try these on."

I find my favorite 'Let's Settle This Like Adults' tee and turn around, and come in eye-contact with a bare chest. Derek's' bare chest. As he's changing. The sight of him changing somehow makes my heart flutter, and I feel an embarrassed blush creep up my neck.

"What? Does it look bad or something?" Derek's voice makes me blink, realizing he already changed. I grin at the shirt he's wearing. It's a blue and orange striped shirt. And it actually fits him.

I burst out laughing, changing my shirt to try and cover it, but his werewolf ears can hear my muffled laughing. "What? Stiles, come on. Does it really look bad? I don't want to look stupid when we go get the pizza, you know. It's bad enough I don't even know who I am."

I shake my head, and ruffle my hair back into place as I adjust my shirt. "No, no. You look fine. It's just that..." I burst into another fit of laughter again. I take a deep breath as I try to regain my composure to tell a bewildered Derek why I'm laughing. "It's just that a while back when you had blood on your shirt, I offered to let you wear one of my shirts and you tried that one on. And back then, it didn't fit."