Chapter 4

Stiles' POV

I think for a bit, sorting things out in my head. If Derek really doesn't remember those moments mentally, does it mean that his heart remembers those moments? I sigh, thinking that's a stupid idea to even think about Derek Hale. He has a lot of better things to think about than the moments we had together, which are few and far between. I think about those moments a lot more than normal people should, but what else am I supposed to remember? Being ignored by Lydia for years, Scott falling in love with a hunter who hunts his kind? That's just ridiculous. I shake my head, clearing it and readying it for sleeping, my body well aware Derek Hale is in the same room as me, only a few feet away below me on the floor.

I fall asleep not long after that, listening to the rhythmic sound of Derek's breathing, a smile on my face as my body relaxes and opening itself to the darkness of sleep. 

Derek's POV

I hear Stiles' breathing slow, indicating he fell asleep. I sigh, shifting my weight so my back is to him, praying that Scott and Deaton find a way to turn me back into my current self, so I can actually know what to do about Stilinski. I've known him for a few hours, but there's....something about him I can't place.

Every time I look at him, my chest tightens and my breathing hitches. I'll have to talk to Deaton about it, maybe me being in this state is breaking down me and my body is shutting down and I'm dying.

'Or it's something else.' My self-conscious tells me with a sneer.

I growl to myself, knowing it can't be that. I've known the kid for a few hours. Well, in this state anyway. Once I get back to my current self I'll stop associating myself with him completely, unless necessary. 

That's what I would do.

Right? 

I sigh again, closing my eyes and trying to relax myself to get some sleep, it feels like I haven't slept in ages.

More like decades.

I laugh a little at that thought as I slip into a dream.

Dream (Still Derek's POV)

I'm in a field. The lacrosse field at Beacon Hills High School.

I look around the field, confused, when the overhead lights come on. One at a time, blinding me.

"Oh Derekkkkkk." I hear someone singing behind me. I whip around and see Stiles, but there's something different...something's off.

He smirks, his grin evil, as he holds up a blade. 

"Oh this is going to be fun." He approaches me, knife in hand, as I try to run, but my feet are cemented into the field like quicksand, as I struggle to move. I can't.

Stiles laughter gets closer and closer, and I realize he's in a particular black outfit. A hunter uniform. A gasp can escapes my lips before I can stop it, which causes him to laugh more.

"What Derek? Shocked that I'm a hunter? Oh please, you should've seen that coming. I did invite you to live with me while you're in the state of a child, didn't I? And I don't do that for free, there's always a price. And that price, right now, would be your life, the end of your werewolf life. One less wolf for us hunters to exterminate and a closer mark to the end of the Hale family." He grins as he reaches me, playfully sliding the knife across my cheek, making a shallow line in its path.

"Stiles." I growl, angry at him for betraying me. Angry at myself for trusting him. How could I be so stupid?

"I'm glad the last name on those plump lips of yours will be mine." He smirks, as he closes the distance between us, as I stand frozen, not able to move away from his vindictive presence. He moves his face closer to mine, until I can see the whites of his eyes, and feel his breath on my neck. He forces his lips to mine, as I feel a sharp pain shiver down my spine. This isn't right, something else is happening.

That's when I feel the blood dripping down from my abdomen.

Reality (Still Derek's POV)

I bolt straight up, my hair sticking to the back of my neck and my forehead, my entire body drenched in sweat. I rip off my shirt to see if that helps, which it does when combined with the slight, soft breeze coming from the open window on the other side of the room. 

I sigh and look over at Stiles, who is still sleeping, his face blank, but a hint of a smile playing on his lips. He must be dreaming of something pleasant. Unlike me. I shake my head, trying to rid myself of that dream, but every moment is implanted into my brain. All the thoughts make me squirm as I lay back down, closing my eyes as I try to sleep once more, but every moment, every image replays in my mind, keeping me awake.

The lacrosse field.

The lights coming on, one by one.

The mischievous smirk.

The hunter outfit.

The gleaming knife doused in wolfs bane.

The evil presence he gave off.

The kiss, his lips against mine.

Him.