Chapter 5

I awoke, the harsh sun leaking in from my open window. I look down at Derek's' empty air mattress and lay back down on my bed, enjoying the warm sun on my bed.

Wait a minute.

Empty mattress.

As in, not occupied.

I jolt out of bed and look around my room, thinking Derek must have escaped through the open window while I was sleeping in the middle of the night.

Fuck.

I've fucked up.

Badly.

Oh, Scott's gonna kill me.

I run shaky hands through my hair, thinking on how to tell Scott that I fucked up the one job I had. I rub my face, shaking my head.

Think Stiles, think.

I run out of my room, and take the stairs two at a time. I halt to a stop when I notice the kitchen light on. My eyes-widen as I remember something:

My dad's not here.

It's just me and Derek. Well, was Derek and I, before I'm pretty sure he took his escape out my window. I slowly walk into the kitchen, wishing I turned back and grabbed my bat. I turn the corner into the kitchen, prepared to blindly strike the intruder.

Instead of an intruder, I'm welcomed by a familiar voice. "Morning."

A shirtless young Derek looks over at me, flashes me a smile, and then goes back to what he was doing. I'm too dumbfounded to say or do anything, and I just stand there, my mouth hanging open.

"Since you took too long to wake up, I thought I would start breakfast and I thought the aroma of it would wake you up." He smirks at me when I don't respond for a few minutes. He looks up from the pancake griddle and sees my expression. "What's wrong?" He adds.

I walk over to him silently, and I slap him hard across the face, his head snapping to the side, a red hand print starting to form on his right cheek.

"Hey! What was that for?" He snarls. "I was just trying to do something nice. God." He adds, his voice quiet.

"Firstly, that was for making me think that you escaped out my window during the night, because I woke up and saw your empty mattress." I say coldly.

He raises his hands defensively. "Whoa, sorry. I didn't think that would be your first thought."

"Well, you aren't exactly the type to wake up and make breakfast for someone you completely hate Derek." I nod as he looks at me with a confused face. "And secondly," I continue, "that was for not putting a shirt on before coming down into my kitchen and making breakfast."

He looks down at his bare chest, a hint of a six-pack appearing on his ivory skin. He shrugs. "Look, Stiles, I'm sorry. Can I make it up to you with this delicious breakfast of bacon, pancakes and eggs?" He looks up at me and smiles sheepishly.

I laugh and nod. "Only if they're good. I won't tolerate bad cooking."

He laughs too. "I'm not a bad cook. My mom taught me how to cook. So you should have nothing to worry about." He grins, proud lighting up his features as he sets a plate of each item on the table, where two more plates, these empty, sit.

"You even set the table?" I ask, surprised.

Derek nods. "Yeah. It's called table manners, Stilinski." He replies matter-of-factly.

"Something I didn't think you had." I mumble quietly under my breath, praying he didn't hear my remark. By the way he stays silent and goes to sit at the table confirms my prayers.

"Let's eat." Derek announces as I sit down at the table, and we heartedly fill our plates and eat to our hearts content.

Derek and I meet up with Scott and Deaton at Derek's loft after our breakfast when Scott called, saying they had information and we needed to meet, ASAP.

I close the door behind Derek and I, and we approach the doctor and my best friend. "Alright, what's up? Did you guys figure out how to change Derek back into his current self?"

The two exchange a look. Scott sighs and Deaton clears his throat. "Yes, we found the solution."

"Well what the hell is it?" Derek says quickly, desperation in his voice.

The two exchange another look, this time Scott speaking. "In order to change Derek back into his current self, we have to find someone related to him that's willing to stick their claws into the back of his neck."

"What that does, is since the person has to be related to him, it will jog the persons', which in this case is Derek, memory and bring their brain back to the current time, which in tow will bring their appearance and personality back to the current state in which it was in before this whole mess." Deaton explains further.

"And who's gonna volunteer to do that?" Derek asks.

"Well, the only one left alive that is older than you and will remember everything and still lives in Beacon Hills is your uncle." I say, knowing he knows who that is.

"Peter." The hope in his voice drops.

"Yes, and we need to find him and convince him to do this, or you'll be stuck in this state forever." Deaton says evenly.

"And how in the world are we supposed to convince him to do this? If you haven't realized, he hates my guts." Derek panics.

"Wow, Peter really is the same. Who would've known." I say sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood, which fails. Horribly. How do I know that? By everyone's' glares.

"I'll convince him. No offense, but we need you as you are in our time, not as you are now." Scott says, authority ringing in his voice.

"Well when you say 'No offense' there's definitely going to be something offensive said in the coming sentence, but I do have to agree with you in this case." Derek says, half sarcastic, half truthfully.

Scott nods. "Ok, well I'll find Peter and talk to him, while Deaton sets up at the animal clinic for this."

"And what should we do?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"You keep watching him and make sure nothing happen to him, and stay away from here. We don't know when Kate will come back looking for him. And we hope when the time does come that she comes a-looking for Derek, he's already turned back and ready to fight her." Scott instructs Derek and me, as we both nod at his orders.

"Well, if you want anything, now is the time to get it, Hale. I ain't coming back here after we leave that parking lot." I look at Derek as Deaton moves past us and leaves, nodding to all of us as he makes his departure.

"That's a good idea. And Derek, listen to Stiles. He may not seem like it, but he knows what he's doing." Scott looks at Derek and smiles at me as he leaves, leaving Derek and me alone.

"So...yeah, if there is any clothes you want, or a special blankie you can't sleep without. Get it now." I look at Derek and he looks around the loft. I see a smirk coming to his face and I can already tell I'm not going to like what he's going to say.

He turns around with the devilish grin on his face, making a blush creep up my neck. "Why would I get clothes of my own when I like wearing yours?"