Chapter 6

Derek's POV

I may or may not have taken it too far when I told Stiles I liked wearing his clothes. Oops. I may be a Hale but I do tell the truth sometimes. The reason I think I may have gone too far by saying that is because the entire ride back to Stiles' house, he was silent. Probably coming up with a plan to kill me and make it look like an accident.

The thought makes me laugh and as we pull into the driveway Stiles looks over at me, a confused expression on his face.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asks, his eyes searching my face.

"My thoughts cost a lot more than a penny mister." I smirk devilishly at Stiles, and then laugh. "Nah, I was just thinking that because you're so pissed at me, that you were going to come up with a plan to kill me and make it look like an accident. The thought was so ridiculously funny it made me laugh." I add, snickering as I climb out of the blue Jeep.

I see him shake his head. "If I was mad at you, I would've left you at the loft for Kate." He says quietly, but my keen hearing picks it up.

A small smile creeps onto my face. I think I could be friends with Stilinski. He's funny, sarcastic, smart...

Oh God. What am I doing?

The present me would probably be committing murder on me right now.

But....

Why isn't current me friends with Stiles? Did something happen between us?

I mean, he does act weirdly around me when it's just the two of us.

I shake my head as we enter Stiles' home for the night.

Maybe that's just my imagination.

"What do you want for dinner? We still have leftovers from yesterday." Stiles spins around abruptly and almost knocks into me. 

With centimeters of space between us, I manage to stutter out a sentence. "U-uh y-yeah that sounds f-fine."

"Feeling alright? Your face is red as a fire truck." Stiles asks, turning back around and walking into the kitchen.

I feel the blush deepen and I mentally scold myself for letting my feelings slip out of line. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine, just wasn't expecting you to turn around and be so close to me." I enter the kitchen and sit down at the table as Stiles puts the extra pizza in the microwave to heat up.

"Why? Did it make you uncomfortable?" Stiles sits across from me and looks at me questioningly.

I think for a minute. "No...But I'm not really looking forward to when it happens again." I nod, thinking that's a good decision.

The microwave beeps and Stiles whispers something, must thinking the beep from the microwave covers it, but it doesn't, and I catch onto it. "You sure about that?"

I try not to make a reaction to Stiles words, not really sure what he meant by those four words. I shrug, trying not to think about it. "So what are we going to do tonight? I'm not even close to being tired and it's only 9 on a Saturday night." I look at Stiles as I take a cheesy bite of pizza.

He furrows his brow, his thinking face. He shrugs. "Well we could play a game." He smirks.

I swallow. "What game?"

Stiles grins. "Truth or Dare."

Stiles' POV

Once Derek and I finished dinner and I took my medicine, we headed upstairs to change into pajamas. I lent Derek my dark blue target shirt and a pair of baggy gray sweats, while I changed into my red zip up hoodie and black basketball shorts. I lead Derek back downstairs into the living room. 

"I'm going to get some snacks and drinks because we're probably not getting up for a while." I laugh and head into the kitchen, grabbing a few cans of soda and a few bags of chips.

"What, are you trying to give us diabetes?" Derek asks when I return with our treasure.

I laugh. "No, we're two growing boys, we need our food. Gosh, Derek, get with the program." I snap my fingers and Derek laughs.

"Ok, let's get this started. Who'd go first?" Derek looks at me.

I grin. "You, because you're the guest. Fair enough?"

He nods. "I guess so."

"Good. Ok, truth or dare?"

He thinks for a minute. "Truth."

I sigh. "No fun." I tease and laugh, then think of a yes or no question to ask him. "Do you have any regrets?"

Derek is quiet for a minute before he answers. "No. I believe everything I've done has been for a reason and thought through."

I nod, satisfied with his answer. "Ok, Stilinski, your turn. Truth or dare?"

I open a can of soda and take a sip, considering my options. "Well, since you started out like this, I guess I'll say truth as well."

He scoffs. "Copycat." He grabs a fist full of chips and eats them, clearly thinking of something to ask me to get the ball rolling. "Do you ever miss your mom?"

A sad smile corrupts my lips, but I nod. "Yeh, sometimes I do, but I know she's in a better place ya know? And I know she's safe wherever she is, which is better than this shitplace called Earth."

"I agree." Derek nods.

~A few questions and dares later~

"OK, your turn to ask Derek." I look at him, and look at our discarded shirts near the TV.

Derek asks the question with a devilish smile on his face."Truth or dare?"

I swallow, concerned. "Dare."

Derek grins like someone just told him it was Christmas and Santa was good to him this year. "I want you to call someone, anyone of your choice, and give them a dare for you to do. And you can't back out, or you lose."

I sigh, but I know someone to call. Bree, Scott's sister. I laugh, knowing she'll go easy on me. I pick up my phone and video call her. She picks up on the third ring, and her side of the video is revealed; her, sitting in her room, reading a book.

"What do you want Stilinski?" She asks, sounding peeved.

"Derek and I are playing truth or dare and he dared me to call someone to give me a dare to do." I explain, as Derek gets into the shot.

"And you chose me, why?" She asks, running a hand through her hair.

"Because I figured you would go easy on me..." I trail off, embarrassed a little.

She laughs. "Well, if that's what you were hoping for, you definitely called the wrong person, Stilinski."

"Just give him a dare." Derek says to Bree.

She sighs and glares at Derek. "Fine, but don't go calling me and demanding things from me, Derek Hale. Give me a second." She pauses the call, trying to think of a good dare.

My heart drops, knowing this will be the end for me. "Who is that?" Derek asks to pass the time until Bree unpauses the call.

"Bree McCall, Scott's younger sister." I explain.

"She's really pretty." Derek comments.

"Join the club with all the other hormonal teenagers at our school." I scoff as Bree unpauses the call.

"Aright, Stilinski, I got something for you."

"Oh God, what?"

She smirks, a shadow darkening her face. "I dare you two to make-out."

I swallow hard, my heart in my throat, knowing Derek would never do that. I turn in his direction as I put the phone down, so Bree can still see if we actually do it, or back out like sissies,

I feel a blush crawl up my neck and stain my cheeks. "So...uh..."

Before I can say anything else to my shock, Derek grabs my face in his hands and hungrily crushes his lips to mine.